Clinton Global Initiative is Kaput

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 5684697, Jan 17, 2017.

1. 5684697 Suspended

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...tdown-influence-peddling-criticism-vindicated

Now isn't this interesting? I mentioned this when Hillary lost, that what happened to the CGI would speak volumes about what it really was designed to do, and the Clinton speech fees and invites would likely plummet.

Here's your answer. The Clinton Global Initiative was exactly what critics thought it was- influence peddling of future access and power of a Clinton in High Office. Had little or nothing to do with helping the needy. It's primarily why Clinton lost the election to a weird reality star. It personified what is wrong with politicians and highlighted brazen corruption.

The poor are still with us, the Clintons could spend the rest of their lives using their contacts to help them, but there is nothing in it for the cynical contributors to buy, and nothing for the cynical Clintons to gain, so lay off the staff and shut it down.

Didn't take long.

Has this been on CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, etc? Who is Van Jones blaming? I'm out of the country and haven't had access to left wing media.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I would say the Clinton's know their "influence" in democratic politics is finished, at least with them at the forefront. They might be called on to fund raise behind the scenes (if there is such a thing), but with next to no pull, why would anyone throw money down a black hole to the Clinton's with very little in return. Bill will always be looked at as a President who led an economic boom and was the last (for now) to actually want to work across the aisle and compromise. Beyond that, the DNC would be wise to wash their hands of the Clinton's and everyone who isn't blind or stupid can see that writing on the wall.

3. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Looks like Clinton's "progressive" Saudi Arabian and Qatari friends saw the writing on the wall and shut off the dollar pipeline.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Wow, this is a huge story and nobody in the MSM wants to touch it. Hillary and Bill told us the CGI was hugely important and did great work all over the world but now it's shutting down. Could it be that all the "donations" from wealthy Wahhabists have disappeared?

It's proof positive that the Clintons are scammers, grifters, and basically Arkansas white trash dressed up in a tux and a gown.

Hillary's colossal and humiliating loss is still the sweetest ambrosia. I sip it daily, from golden buttercups, and smile.

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

They lost their unlimited source of income - no more influence to sell - so they cannot afford to keep this running. Time to pocket their millions and move on.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

To be fair, they announced that whether she won or not, they were going to close it down.

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Bill will always be seen as the intern dildoing president who was impeached for perjury.

History will eventually mark him and his forced subprime loan programs as the leading cause of the economic problems st the turn of the 21st Century and the longest recession since the Great Depression.

He turned more cronies into millionaires than any other president in history, and personally profited once out of office directly as a result of the sale of influence both while and after he was in office.

The Clinton Cabal will go down in history as the most corrupt and dangerous political machine to ever exist, led by a charming but deadly criminal mind.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Nixon was actually corrupt and imagined corruption won't surpass that. And it's looking like Trump will be the one president with a chance at beating Nixon for corruption.

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Way to just pass guilt on someone without them having done a damn thing. We really won't be happy as a nation until the divide is so great we just tear the entire thing down.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

oh Lord.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I love watching how the conservative news mechanism works. Everyone is freaking out as if it hasn't been known for years that CGI was always intended to close down.

Now, before you people start railing about corruption, I agree the CGI was a corrupt market-making entity just like the Gates Foundation.

12. 5684697, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017

5684697 thread starter Suspended

Analysis?

No kidding. Had she won, she could in no way justify continuing to brazenly take money for obvious reasons. The payments were set up to launder monies designed to buy future influence. All money after her election would have to go under the table or into Clinton government pet projects.

The key point is that the poor are still with us, and the CGI is being shut down with no interest in helping them. It was founded to help a small number of political hacks, with the Clinton family taking in hundreds of millions for themselves.

The idea that it was going to close down as some sort of moral triumph is risible. It would never pass ethical muster for a sitting president, and frankly, they knew they were busted. I bet a lot of donors were nervous from the increasingly acute exposure of their bribes...I mean their donations as well.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Globally the poor aren't still with us.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I don't get what is the point of closing down a foundation if it is working fine and it is actually helping people.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

source please.
    no more poor to "help"

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Fixed for you.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how bout you fix my legal status while you are at it :mad:

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I sent some helpful resources your way...

[​IMG]

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because they said they would. And if Hilary was president it's a conflict of interest.

Good god you spend your time whining about Hilary's conflicts of interest and then whine when she removes one.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

source please. IIRC they would ONLY shut down if she WON.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Source? Did you even read the original article linked? It's right in there :)

"Before the election, when Hillary Clinton’s victory in the presidential race appeared likely, the Clinton Foundation declared that it would wind down the initiative no matter how the election turned out."

22. yaxomoxay, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017

yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

My question is not to provoke; it's a true, honest question.
    Had she been elected, yeah. Getting rid of the Initiative one way or another would've made sense.
    Since she has not been elected, there is no conflict of interest, no bureaucratic or legal burden, etc. That's what I am (honestly) asking. As of today she could work full time at CGI without any issue.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thanks. seems the FBI was closing in on them.........
    FBI comment was speculation on my part......

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Just like the Trump foundation who was being heavily investigated. Ah political fundraising ;)

25. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Why, why do you insist on depriving him from the pleasure of drinking his sweet ambrosia?