Clinton groping victim to campaign against Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Feb 8, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

I will say that the well known sexual perversions of her quasi-husband Bill should not necessarily reflect on her ,,, But, she stupidly opened herself up for charges of rank hypocrisy by jumping into the foray herself via election year pandering to sexual assault victims, saying “I want to send a message to every survivor of sexual assault: Don’t let anyone silence your voice. You have the right to be heard.”
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/campus-sexual-assault/

Apparently, Ms Willey is going to be heard, and Shillary is not on very strong ground to publicly object. She will of course do her level best to ignore it and change the subject as she does everything else.

Woman who accused Bill Clinton of assault to campaign against Hillary presidential run

One of the women who has accused former U.S. President Bill Clinton of sexual assault says she has agreed to work for an anti-Clinton political group being formed by a former advisor to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Kathleen Willey, a former White House volunteer who says Bill Clinton groped her in an Oval Office hallway in 1993 when she came to him tearfully seeking a paid job, said she had agreed to become a paid national spokeswoman for a group being created by Roger Stone.

Stone, a Republican strategist, said the group would become active should Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton's wife, win the Democratic nomination in the 2016 race for the White House. Clinton is currently the front runner.

"This gives me more of an opportunity to get this message out to young voters who weren't even born or don't even remember what happened and to the women who have suffered," Willey told Reuters.

Willey said she will give interviews and speeches and appear in political advertisements to ensure the accusations remain part of the political discourse during the election campaign.

"They're going to be confronted every day, on radio, on television, on billboards," Stone told Reuters, referring to the Clintons. He said he had reached a verbal agreement with Willey but cautioned that the group was still in the planning stages.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-accused-bill-clinton-assault-campaign-against-hillary-113320282.html

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

Is that Bill Clinton with that long list, or is that Bill Cosby?

Whose list is longer?

The black man loses again! Just look at the ruckus the Left made over Clarence Thomas.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

they ran out of numbers to count bill cosby's victims.

4. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Sure looks like Clinton to me - In need of a magnifying glass ?

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]Adjust thy sarcasm meter.
    [​IMG]

6. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

I get the sarcasm, not quite seeing what the allegations against Cosby have even remotely to do with Clinton.

Standard LW tactic of duck, weave, shift focus, attack I guess.

7. Robisan macrumors 6502

Hey, they're getting the band back together for a revival tour! So exciting... yawn.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This campaign's getting rich now that Hillary's feeling the Bern.

Only in America can you have one of the biggest womanizers of all time calling FEMALE Bernie Sanders supporters sexist because they're voting with their brains instead of vaginas.

Too bad Ms. Willey is selling herself out to a Republican superPAC though. They'll just use her more than Bill did.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Bill's going to star in a followup movie, Free Your Willie.

10. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Should make a good wad of bills on that one !

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol! Man, I've never seen this many Hillary Clinton threads before. People seem to have forgotten about Trump, and turned all their attention to Hillary.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

because she should be in Jail while Bernie should be the nominee :D

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol, naw its because you guys are threaten by Hillary. People don't even mention Bernie during the GOP debates...they only care about facing Hillary in the general election...lol.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hillary is just more of the same, Bern is the one who threatens the establishment morons.

Feel the Bern.......

15. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

LOL Trump isn't exactly embroiled in scandals is why - Most you lefties can come up with Trump is bad hair and uncouth manner of speaking. LOL [repeat] LOL

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

Then why don't they mention him if he's so much of a threat? Its always when you face Hillary in the general...Typically the one who are non factors aren't mentioned. Why do you think Hillary replied "no" to Chafee's attack? He was a non factor and she basically ignored him.

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

You mean Trump's connections to the mafia? Or, his poor record as a businessman?

Anyway...

As for Kathleen Willey's accusations, it's important to note that the Office of Independent Council found significant problems with her testimony.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well I’m a leftie, but what I *felt* about the revelations of the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal was roughly akin to how GOP Congressman Dick Armey from Texas speculated his wife might respond in that situation: that he’d have been lying on the floor in a pool of blood and his wife would have been standing over him with a shotgun screaming “How do I reload this thing?”

Of course we do not know the details and extent of HRC’s reaction to all that. Many adults have likely discovered sexual betrayal at some point in life. Our reactions vary, and I doubt it’s based on our politics.

As to what I *thought* about it all, I actually thought he should have resigned. Being a leftie doesn’t mean I have to put any pol up on a pedestal.

Whatever else Clinton’s “standing by her man” at that time was meant to portray, it was a calculated political move. That she would not see herself as debased by deciding to do that -- whether in aid of her husband’s career or her own-- speaks volumes about how compartmentalized her life must still be

I’m not saying that living a compartmentalized life is bad, but it’s at least viewed as somewhat stressful. It’s a lot easier to just be who you are, not who you have to be when you’re with this group or that group. However, all pols have to play that game, don’t they. The ones who don’t and manage to stay in the game are few indeed.

Bill Clinton’s past behavior was bound to come up during the 2106 campaigns. It probably doesn’t matter a lot how HRC reacts or doesn’t react to attempts to make her look “less than” for having tolerated it.

It’s sad and stupid of Kathleen Willey to think that allowing herself to be used by Roger Stone in a campaign against Hillary Clinton is a great way to get back at Bill Clinton. You’d think by now she’d have gotten enough help to be able to get on with her life and rent no more space to that part of her past.

19. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Once a woman groped by Clinton, always a woman groped by Clinton.
    That is what she is noted for, among others, so its tough to blame her for trying to capitalize on it. I doubt if she is scarred for life over this, she admits her finances are a shambles. She probably has a genuine disdain for both of these people though, so trying to get back and be paid for it is a no brainer for her.

I don't think she is being "used" at all. I work and get a paycheck, is my boss/company using me ? Am I using them to get $$ ? To a degree, yes, my labor and skill for $$, most of us are in the same boat and I don't think its much different from her arraignment with this Stone guy. She performs a service he wants that she is qualified to do, and she gets compensated for it.

I doubt if anything will come of it. Anyone with an interest in this already knows ,,, But I think its a good thing people are shining a light in a dark area these 2, who have abused so many people in the past, would much rather is forgotten.
    Hillary opened herself up for it by pretending to stand up for sexual abuse victims rights, and thats the price she pays for having this well known notorious pervert stumping for her. Their spin machine has been primed for years how to deal with it, but the lights are shining brighter than ever now, and this would seem to be designed to:

* Put her on the defensive
    * Expose her as a crass hypocrite

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Lol, nah.

Hillary is making news and therefore has lots of threads because her campaign is terrified of Bernie's momentum.

If she had this in the bag, nobody would be talking about any of this and Bill Clinton would be hanging out at the playboy mansion instead of being out on the campaign trail.

The Clinton machine is very, very nervous. They're scrambling to try to slow down Bernie's momentum.

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

If Sanders had not ended up a fraction of a percentage point from Clinton in Iowa, NH would not matter so much to her. She and her staff clearly did not expect to lose so much of her original margin in Iowa to Sanders. It felt like a loss because it WAS a loss in the expectations arena.

Now she apparently plans a staff shakeup after NH and it's not about Iowa OR New Hampshire, it's a warning to her staff in Nevada, South Carolina... "this can't go on." But they should ease up a bit and stop the stink of fear coming off them. I'm a Bernie fan but he's going to have some tough sledding in the later primaries. Meanwhile the Clintonistas look silly getting all panicky over NH which she and staff shouldn't have expected to take anyway. I am enjoying the shift (albeit typically late) in some of her policy statements that the Sanders campaign has caused her to have to make towards the progressive side of the party. She may style herself an incrementalist and try to go there if she's elected, but she's on record as supporting somewhat more progressive stances now and will be held to account by the Democrats in Congress, thanks to Bernie Sanders.

22. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This goes back to another of my points. A female president isn't where they should focus. They want visibility as opposed to strong career potential and a lack of glass ceilings. Just having one very recognizable face at the top would not have a guaranteed impact in that regard.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Whether the accusations are true or not. It doesn't help the cause against sexual assault when it's used as a political weapon. This goes for the accusers, the media, or both.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Are the Republicans going to beat the Clinton horse for that long, you think?

...sorry, couldn't resist. :p