Clinton says half of Trump supporters fall into 'basket of deplorables'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Sep 10, 2016.

1. zin macrumors 6502

Hillary attacked voters directly at a fundraiser recently.

Is this her 47% moment? She also claimed people considering Trump need help.

And I thought she already went off the deep end with her Nevada speech. How dumb can she be? How can she characterise people she has never even met?

Hillary tried the race card, the xenophobic card, the mysogynistic card, the homophobic card, now she's resorted to name calling.

Truly pathetic. Trump goes to a school and talks education choice. Hillary goes to rich people and insults voters.

2. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I have a fairly low IQ but even I can see you have a bit of a double standard issue here.

3. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

I have never called a quarter of American voters racist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, and mysogynistic.

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I am fairly poor at maths, but even I can see you also have a bit of a numeracy problem here.

5. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

The 47% refers to the 47% comment by Mitt Romney. It isn't referring to her comment, hence "47% moment".

6. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Hillary speaks the truth (as that some 10-20% of the population are idiots). None of those would have voted for here and the rest more or less agrees -> no votes lost.

Romney also may have spoken the truth, but a big slap of the 47% were his potential voters

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Oh I see. I didn't make the connection between calling someone a Trump supporter and calling them a 'non-tax payer'.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hillary has her share of idiots voting for her as well, she has a large swath of the welfare state in her pocket as they will continue to ride other people's productivity through government handouts.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Remember when Obama was criticized for describing some GOP supporters, "clinging to their guns and bibles"?

Well, it would seem those days are long past. Thanks in part to Trump. The election has devolved into an ugly, coarse series of put downs and name calling. So I doubt it will matter much.

Hopefully we can return to a more gentle and sophisticated tone in the next election.

10. Chew Toy McCoy, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I took you as a Trump supporter since you mentioned he spoke about education.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Might be the most truthful thing to come out of her mouth. It won't make a difference. Clinging to guns and religion anyone?

Loving the Trumpets flipping out over the comment; running for their safe space and railing against using such a politically incorrect term.

12. citizenzen, Sep 10, 2016

citizenzen macrumors 65816

Hillary missed an opportunity.

She should have listed all the negative characteristics of Trump supporters.

And then finished with, "and some, I assume, are good people."

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm working on staging an intervention for the one person I know who will vote for Trump. As usual, Mrs. Clinton was spot on.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

All that demonizing Trump voters will do is skew the polls. People will vote their mind in private.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Remember, "corporations are people too" so I hope your blanket statement includes them...

So, really, how about corporate welfare given to companies that ride on workers' productivity despite none of their huge wealth trickling down to reward those workers with? ;) (Or offshore jobs, having Americans train their replacements, etc? ;)) Walmart's one of the more popular examples the media looks at, and Apple isn't looking any better given what it supports - probably worse in some ways. Remember, society is supposed to be a two-way street. Obama mentioned some of these issues 8 years ago and kept getting obstructed.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll counter that your river of exclusively anti-Clinton posts is pathetic. If you spent a smidgen of as much time critiquing Mt Trust, you opinion might be respected, but by default you've thrown your hat in with a laughable nut job who will be far from funny if he's put in charge. I won't be voting for Armageddon.

17. MarkusL macrumors 6502

How do you want it? When Clinton lies, it's a problem. And when she speaks the truth, it's a problem.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Anyone working full time (40 hrs) should make enough that they are not eligible for food stamps. The problem is that a blanket law for every region of the Us won't work. I pay the same for one month of rent in a metro area as I paid for 10 months in a rural one, and I had more space in the rural one. A variable minimum wage would be needed.

This doesn't help the middle class though.

19. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Any comment on the name calling and insulting of millions of voters that Mrs. Clinton has resorted to?

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Two things:

1) She's right.

2) These people would never vote for her anyways, so who the hell cares what they think about what she said?

21. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

So you are un-American if you don't vote for her ?

It's similar to Samsung insulting iPhone users. It hurts you more than it helps you. Insult the candidates but never insult the voters. Hillary should have learned this in politics 101.

22. Huntn, Sep 10, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Oh, what name calling are you referencing? Sexist, racist, homophobic, white supremist, xenophobic, those names? Appropriate descriptors IMO. It's past time to call a spade a spade, our future depends on it.

I will agree that even if it's accurate that commenting on the idiots that support Trust is not a good tactic overall for her. It's ok for me to do it. :D

23. 5684697 Suspended

What if the work isn't worth what the minimum wage pays and someone is willing to do it for less?

24. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

Life must be grand on the elitist and smug liberal high horse.