Clinton supporter speaks up about the 2nd amendment

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

Sounds like more and more people are waking up.

http://www.infowars.com/howard-ster...nk-every-citizen-needs-the-right-to-be-armed/

If you support liberty and freedom, you cannot support Clinton.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Did she say a single syllable about the context for which one is armed? Read the whole of the second amendment and the reason becomes clear.

People who use guns to save the lives of fellow countrymen are protecting true liberty and true freedom and are "good guys with guns".

People who talk about liberty and freedom but refuse to fight "bad guys with guns" or say they only protect their own interests (their family, before said family divorces them anyway) are in no way good guys.

But even then, who cares about those nasty words "militia" (not "individual") and "well-regulated" - proving that the lady with concern hasn't read the amendment fully either. The words clearly indicate not everyone has the right to be armed. Circumstances are clear. People hwo have issues can go blame the forefathers.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    [​IMG]

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Howard Stern? LOL. Shocked he's not supporting the orange clown in the race.

4. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Are we back on the militia/military thing? Didn't I just address this in yesterday's thread?

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

No, we're talking about today's thread and the lady who made the quote in today's thread.

6. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

The 2nd amendment was intended to ensure the right to personal gun ownership.

There are centuries of legal discurs on this and they unisonum disagree with you, Clinton and other enemies of freedom and liberty.

7. kapolani macrumors regular

Not really.

8. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Not sure why this is so confusing.

The government may not prohibit people from owning guns, or organizing into their own well regulated militia independent from government.

This is not about the National Guard - a government body - it says the government may not prohibit a people's militia.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

This is an example of the worst sort of garbage that clutters up and pollutes PRSI.

If you want to say something, say it.

Don't expect other people to wade through links to obscure, poorly written, badly sourced right-wing propaganda sites. I don't read InfoWars, or TownHall, or Breitbart, or Drudge or any of the other cesspools of lies and paranoia. And I'm not going to start now. And I have no interest in trying to figure out just what the hell you mean by "more and more people are waking up." Which is - by itself - an utterly ridiculous statement. (Human beings have literally been "waking up" at a rate pretty close to 100% since the birth of homo sapiens as a species.)

If you want to express an opinion, go ahead and do it. If you want to post links to news sites or other sources to support that assertion - fine.

But quite frankly I see little difference between this sort of post and outright spam.

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

No problem. Cut and paste is easy. Once again, regarding what you call the ignored portion:

I will, again, point to the VA Declaration of Rights, which provides language used in the 2A, while also including clarifying information. It indicates that militia refers to the body of the people - not just a limited segment or synonym for military - and that well-regulated refers to their ability to operate their weapons in an efficient and capable manner - not that there should be rules restricting access.

Indeed, to suggest that the 2A endows the government with the right to arm its military is absurd. Such an assertion denies the sovereign's innate monopoly on force, and that such authority to be possessed of force could be controlled by the populace. The only reason to establish a right to arms is to do so for the populace, ensuring that the conceived nation may not cede republicanism for monarchy (or other authoritarian regime).

11. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

How messed up do you have to be to think the right to own a gun is "the most important issue"?

Really? That's the most important issue facing you country?

12. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I don't think it is either, but everybody has their own specific "most important issue".

Some see 4A challenges as our greatest issue.
    Some see the economy.
    Some see the interaction with police.
    Some see our governmental spending.
    Some see the 2A.
    Some see energy policy.
    Some see our prison system.
    Some see a curtailing of 1A rights.
    Some see abortion.
    Some see gay marriage.
    Some see the violence inherent in the system.

That being said, 2A positioning does make for an interesting bellwether. For example, some politicians have expressed interest in an Australian regime or confiscation. I figure a politician that supports that is unlikely to respect other express Constitutional principles that don't suit them.

Additionally, people may have issues that impact them personally in a different way from how they impact the collective. As an individual, the economy is my primary interest. As a part of the whole, I see 4A issues being of greatest import.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Source?

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Especially for the "unisonum" bit.

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The writings of Jefferson and Adams about guns and citizen ownership were fairly numerous. Those should serve to facilitate understanding the meaning of the Second Amendment insofar as our right to own guns. Who better than those who wrote the Bill of Rights?

Further, the Preamble to the Bill of Rights states that the purpose is to prevent abuse of power by the State. Sorta hard to do that without the power of the citizenry to say, "No mas!" via the power of guns. Like the way this country came into being, to begin with: Citizens' guns.

Heh. So far, the only ones resisting the ongoing and increasing abuse of power by the federal government are China, Russia and the Jihadists. :)

16. Robstevo macrumors 6502

Lolz liberty and freedom means having a gun?

I kind of like the fact in Australia I can walk down the street without the fear of getting shot.

I would call that greater freedom, the freedom of not being fearful to the point I need a gun to protect myself.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

there are guns in Australia, try going to the wrong area see if you are still not afraid of getting shot ;)

18. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I have to say here that I've been down those wrong areas in Australia. And more so than that, I've been down those wrong areas while being the wrong skin colour. I can guarantee you that they are not as gun crazy down there as they are here, let alone as viciously violent.

When out of an entire year, the worst crime committed in the 2nd biggest city in the country is a drunk, high kid breaking into an old guy's apartment, who just happened to be an ANZAC vet, and the kid got a beating from the guy and a cane he could wield as a sword, you know that they have a hell of a lot more common sense than they do here, let alone a much less love affair with their gun.

Worst crime, in a city of 3.5 million people; and this was after Port Arthur.

So in short, You may not want to take experiences here and apply them there, because your applied experience will be completely off base.

BL.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You posted this drivel in the other thread. Are you saying that you reading of the 2nd Amendment is better than the SCOTUS? SCOTUS have already upheld that it is an individuals Right, after all who makes up the "militia"

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Black Lives Matter are against abuse of power by the government...

With regards to guns Jefferson didn't mention any guns in his will although he did appear to own them in life. I'm not sure what Adams views on guns were - although as a Whig he apparently supported a militia.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Google "District of Columbia Vs. Heller"

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It's a very liberal (albeit legitimate) reading of the 2nd.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2016 ---
    That's a single case. Not centuries of precedent.

23. chown33 macrumors 604

[​IMG]

¿Que? ¿Lo que es "No más"?

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's the only one that matters as it was the first Supreme Court Decision that verified it was an INDIVIDUALS Right.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So? I'm not disputing the current position.