CLINTON/TRUMP WINS MS; TRUMP/SANDERS WINS MI

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nfl46, Mar 8, 2016.

1. nfl46, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

nfl46 macrumors 603

March 8th Winners:

Hillary Clinton wins Mississippi

Bernie Sanders wins Michigan

Donald Trump wins Mississippi, Michigan and Hawaii

Ted Cruz wins Idaho

Pledge Delegate Count as of March 9th.

Democrats:
    Hillary Clinton: 760
    Bernie Sanders: 546

Republicans:
    Donald Trump: 458
    Ted Cruz: 359
    Marco Rubio: 151

2. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Donald Trump wins Michigan!

It looks like Bernie will win Michigan! Its all about Wayne County right now.

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Trump did take Michigan by more than I had thought he would.

Interesting that Rubio comes in dead last there in single digits. Kasich second, over Cruz. I am not sure if those figures hold up when all's said and done, NYT reports only 42% is counted.

4. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Little Rubio in last...again. We'll shall see if he drops out by March 16th.

Bernie looks like he got a surprised win in Michigan. However, she will net +20 more delegates than him tonight.

She will probably officially clinch the nomination in May, though.

5. LizKat, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Michigan Democratic race:

Times is reporting that Clinton and Sanders are now separated by about 35,000 votes, with Sanders ahead.

Michigan Republican race:

Totally don't know what to make of this note from the TImes:

The Detroit Free Press writer is tweeting that Trump won Dearborn, which has, according to the tweet, the largest concentration of Arab-American Muslims in the country.
    ====

Looking at the details of Michigan for Republicans, realizing even if Rubio had collected all the votes of uncommitted and the rest of the field that dropped out, he still wouldn't have got out of the cellar. How strange that he gets or got all this talk about being the establishment preference as the field has thinned out.

6. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I think we're going to find out if Rubio is a team player or not. He can stay in with hopes to steal votes away from Trump but if he finishes less than first, his chances at winning Governor there could be compromised. A win would obviously boost his chances but the polls are not there. So get out and save face now to get his next job or be a part of the establishment. Time will tell.

7. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Bernie Sanders scores an upset and beats Hillary Clinton in Michigan! Congratulations!

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

I really hope Bernie can stop the witch.

9. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Does it matter? You think Donald will win the general election either way, right?

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

I hope so. But I rather Bernie is there as a backup. The sooner someone stops Hitlary, the better.

11. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

The mainstream media is so bought by corporations in Hillary's back pocket it is sickening. Immediately after Bernie won Michigan (it was a huge upset), BOTH CNN and MSNBC started guessing who Hillary will pick as her running mate. Pride goeth before the fall!

12. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

Big D will stop Her!
    I only he could get his small hands around her neck he could throttle her

13. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Other election results tonight:

Donald Trump wins Hawaii; Ted Cruz wins Idaho.

14. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

That's probably right, for there weren't probably too many Republicans voting in Dearborn and the people who were voting on the Republican ticket in Dearborn tend to have a history of bigotry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orville_L._Hubbard

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I bet if Kasich pulls off a win in Ohio and Rubio loses Florida Rubio is out. If they both lose he might try to stay in until the convention to deny anyone else the nomination. But I think him going really immature with his attacks on Trump hurt Rubio far more than Trump.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wow... thanks for the enlightenment. I was fading deep into sleepytime when last checking Michigan results, athough I was curious enough about that second-handed Free Press tweet from the Times to reference it in my post.

Maybe can't fault the Detroit Free Press guy for not bragging on certain aspects of his state's history in a tweet --140 character limit is a great excuse for a lot of things any more-- but you'd think the NYT would have been more awake than I was, since they were "on the job" at the time they passed it along.

17. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Post 1 updated with latest delegate counts.

18. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke