"Clinton Wants to Keep the Republican Majority in Congress"

thermodynamic

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2009
USA
http://observer.com/2016/08/clinton-wants-to-keep-the-republican-majority-in-congress/

In her speech, Clinton referred to former Sen. Bob Dole, former president George W. Bush and Sen. John McCain, noting, “We need that kind of leadership again.” She added that she was honored to receive support from Republicans. While Clinton is aligning herself with the right, Clinton supporters in the media are also highlighting these ties in their defenses of her.
She's right. I'd pointed out some time ago here about the Iraq war and issues therein (Saddam tricking everyone, even the UN).

Reactions: jkcerda and Snoopy4

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
http://observer.com/2016/08/clinton-wants-to-keep-the-republican-majority-in-congress/

She's right. I'd pointed out some time ago here about the Iraq war and issues therein (Saddam tricking everyone, even the UN).
What do you mean?
Saddam was playing hard because he had the Iranians to worry about. If he didn't act tough and constantly challenge the West(The US) Iran would have attempted to start up another little war. Instead we take him out, Iran moves in and you have the mess you have now.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Get used to HRC flapping her lips, random thoughts dribbling out as she delivers what she thinks people want to hear.

Once seated in the Oval Office, big government proponents in Silicon Valley like Apple and Google will be thrilled with the incredible increase in their profits. And what will that be attributed to?

Stay tuned, first she's got to get through the Coronation.

Reactions: webbuzz

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Yah so what's the point, vote for Trump? The situation favors installing Clinton.

No one on the left is arguing that Clinton's anything but a center right pol and a neocon anyway. It's why we were voting for Sanders. But now we're looking at choice of Clinton and Trump. Who knows what Trump is about? Would you take a black box with no clue what's in it and put it in charge of American policy in the Middle East? I'll take my chances with Clinton, a slightly more aware American population and a slightly more progressive cast of Democrats than we had last time someone tried to pitch another big war over there.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Yah so what's the point, vote for Trump? The situation favors installing Clinton.

No one on the left is arguing that Clinton's anything but a center right pol and a neocon anyway. It's why we were voting for Sanders. But now we're looking at choice of Clinton and Trump. Who knows what Trump is about? Would you take a black box with no clue what's in it and put it in charge of American policy in the Middle East? I'll take my chances with Clinton, a slightly more aware American population and a slightly more progressive cast of Democrats than we had last time someone tried to pitch another big war over there.
you must elect him to see what's in him :D

Reactions: DrewDaHilp1

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Yeah, no. :p

“By this time, Alice had found her way into a tidy little room with a table in the window, and on it a fan and two or three pairs of tiny white kid-gloves; she took up the fan and a pair of the gloves and was just going to leave the room, when her eyes fell upon a little bottle that stood near the looking-glass. She uncorked it and put it to her lips...”

Excerpt From: Lewis Carroll. “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.” iBooks. https://itun.es/us/LMqDE.l

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
An opinion piece from Trump's son-in-law's rag. :rolleyes:
In Malaysia the young woman who marries may have nightmares about the mother-in-law who will soon have the cultural right to rule many aspects of her life going forward.

In Trumpland, it might be Don running the show and the son-in-law paying that price in worry, at least lately, unless ol' Jared has had a voluntary frontal lobotomy.

But maybe after all it's Ivanka who rules the roost in that extended family. If so, you can't help but wonder why she doesn't grab Trump by back of his collar and tell the GOP to run with Pence and find another VP later. The Republicans really need to get to focus off Trump if they mean to salvage their downballot races.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Wow, now we're bitching about Vox?

I guess explaining the news does threaten some folks' personal prejudices.
I like Vox and the concept of it, but it does have a strong liberal bias. Can't really have Ezra Klein and Matthew Yglesias without that.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
I like Vox and the concept of it, but it does have a strong liberal bias. Can't really have Ezra Klein and Matthew Yglesias without that.
Well, the facts have a liberal bias, and Vox is a very fact-based website.

But Vox provides a valuable service. I visit it regularly because often when I find myself screaming at the TV news, "What is the context of this story?", Vox delivers. And although the prime movers there are liberals, their explanatory articles are usually no-BS essays full of details and appropriate qualifiers, e.g., "This looks like it means that, but not necessarily and here's why."

It is more true that some of their other pieces are more opinion-based, but even then they are devoid of the lurid, screaming, unredeemable liberal-fan-boy stuff that you tend to see at sites like Salon.

Reactions: duffman9000

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA

Are the Republicans jealous that Hillary is more neo-con than them? It sure sounds like it lol.

Reactions: LizKat

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Get used to HRC flapping her lips, random thoughts dribbling out as she delivers what she thinks people want to hear.

Once seated in the Oval Office, big government proponents in Silicon Valley like Apple and Google will be thrilled with the incredible increase in their profits. And what will that be attributed to?

Stay tuned, first she's got to get through the Coronation.
Hillary stealing Trumps line??
[doublepost=1476935116][/doublepost]
a LOT of testosterone looking for some pretty young thing to deposit on?

I dunno, just saying.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Are the Republicans jealous that Hillary is more neo-con than them? It sure sounds like it lol.
You're probably not far from the truth. The democrats now control the ideological chess board at both ends of the spectrum.

They are the best pro business and pro war neoconservatives, and have locked up the SJW's, beta males and progressives on the left.

Only thing the GOP has is the remnants of the southern strategy, evangelical zealots and an elderly demographic that shrinks daily.