"Clinton Wants to Keep the Republican Majority in Congress"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 17, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://observer.com/2016/08/clinton-wants-to-keep-the-republican-majority-in-congress/

She's right. I'd pointed out some time ago here about the Iraq war and issues therein (Saddam tricking everyone, even the UN).

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What do you mean?
    Saddam was playing hard because he had the Iranians to worry about. If he didn't act tough and constantly challenge the West(The US) Iran would have attempted to start up another little war. Instead we take him out, Iran moves in and you have the mess you have now.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Get used to HRC flapping her lips, random thoughts dribbling out as she delivers what she thinks people want to hear.

Once seated in the Oval Office, big government proponents in Silicon Valley like Apple and Google will be thrilled with the incredible increase in their profits. And what will that be attributed to?

Stay tuned, first she's got to get through the Coronation.

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah so what's the point, vote for Trump? The situation favors installing Clinton.

No one on the left is arguing that Clinton's anything but a center right pol and a neocon anyway. It's why we were voting for Sanders. But now we're looking at choice of Clinton and Trump. Who knows what Trump is about? Would you take a black box with no clue what's in it and put it in charge of American policy in the Middle East? I'll take my chances with Clinton, a slightly more aware American population and a slightly more progressive cast of Democrats than we had last time someone tried to pitch another big war over there.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

An opinion piece from Trump's son-in-law's rag. :rolleyes:

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Says the guy that just posted an article from Vox.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you must elect him to see what's in him :D

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah, no. :p

“By this time, Alice had found her way into a tidy little room with a table in the window, and on it a fan and two or three pairs of tiny white kid-gloves; she took up the fan and a pair of the gloves and was just going to leave the room, when her eyes fell upon a little bottle that stood near the looking-glass. She uncorked it and put it to her lips...”

Excerpt From: Lewis Carroll. “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.” iBooks. https://itun.es/us/LMqDE.l

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He even managed to use the word cuck. :Blech:

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

In Malaysia the young woman who marries may have nightmares about the mother-in-law who will soon have the cultural right to rule many aspects of her life going forward.

In Trumpland, it might be Don running the show and the son-in-law paying that price in worry, at least lately, unless ol' Jared has had a voluntary frontal lobotomy.

But maybe after all it's Ivanka who rules the roost in that extended family. If so, you can't help but wonder why she doesn't grab Trump by back of his collar and tell the GOP to run with Pence and find another VP later. The Republicans really need to get to focus off Trump if they mean to salvage their downballot races.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow, now we're bitching about Vox?

I guess explaining the news does threaten some folks' personal prejudices.

12. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I like Vox and the concept of it, but it does have a strong liberal bias. Can't really have Ezra Klein and Matthew Yglesias without that.

13. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Vox does a sh**** job of Vox-splaining.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, the facts have a liberal bias, and Vox is a very fact-based website.

But Vox provides a valuable service. I visit it regularly because often when I find myself screaming at the TV news, "What is the context of this story?", Vox delivers. And although the prime movers there are liberals, their explanatory articles are usually no-BS essays full of details and appropriate qualifiers, e.g., "This looks like it means that, but not necessarily and here's why."

It is more true that some of their other pieces are more opinion-based, but even then they are devoid of the lurid, screaming, unredeemable liberal-fan-boy stuff that you tend to see at sites like Salon.

16. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Are the Republicans jealous that Hillary is more neo-con than them? It sure sounds like it lol.

17. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Hillary stealing Trumps line??
    --- Post Merged, Oct 19, 2016 ---
    a LOT of testosterone looking for some pretty young thing to deposit on?

I dunno, just saying.

18. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

You're probably not far from the truth. The democrats now control the ideological chess board at both ends of the spectrum.

They are the best pro business and pro war neoconservatives, and have locked up the SJW's, beta males and progressives on the left.

Only thing the GOP has is the remnants of the southern strategy, evangelical zealots and an elderly demographic that shrinks daily.