Clock ticking to Israel's 'destruction'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Jun 4, 2007.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

ABC NEWS

So after they destroy they jewish state, then what? Free donuts?

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Most likely they will go back to beating and stoning woman. Many in the U.S. wouldnt be upset if Bush took out this guy. He better be careful cause Bush has nothing to loose.

3. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

"When you see the abomination that makes desolate standing in the Holy Place, let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

~Jesus
    (Mark 14, i think):eek: :cool:

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

does the existence of israel in middle east have any positive effects? why not move them to Utah?

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

The short answer is yes.

I'd prefer moving the problem people elsewhere myself.

6. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

7. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"does the existence of israel in middle east have any positive effects?"

Certainly. Israel is an example of what industrious people can create in an area where generations of retards could only pick poop with the camels. It showed what a rational society could achieve insofar as religious freedom. And it has shown that a people, determined to no longer be subject to pogroms, can overcome overwhelming odds.

As Abba Eban said in the UN in 1967, "There are three million Jews. There are 200 million Arabs. Is the distinguished delegate from Egypt trying to say we surrounded them?"

"Masada shall not fall again." is as good a national motto as one could wish for. It goes along with the sign at Dachau, "Never again."

One of these days, Ahmadinejad's gonna let his alligator mouth overload his canary butt and wind up looking like he's been culling bobcats.

'Rat

8. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

dude, are we supposed to respond to this? aside from the risible cultural supremacism, parts of this are plain racist bs. :mad:

as if you haven't heard it before, those retards with camel poop also managed to preserve founding documents of the rationality you esteem so highly...

... and why bring the holocaust into this? why one act of gross racism should embolden another is beyond reprehensible.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Besides the obvious problems and positives of Israel and the surrounding states, does anybody think this is anything more than rhetoric from a failing gov. Bush does this type of crap too, and it pisses me off, but what is he going to do about it? We have no option to deal with Iran even if it was a threat thanks to our screw ups in Iraq. Not that anyone would believe us if we cried wolf against them either for the same reason.

But Iran has nothing either, and they know it. They just want to pretend to play too. And we're helping them. We're playing right into it. Our screw ups in Iraq are, once again, just helping.

And some of you are falling for the same lack of intelligence from the same people who were wrong about everything else, including... Iraq!

10. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I think I'm the one that first floated that idea about a year ago, but yeah, it would sure solve a lot of problems. And the IDF could just melt into the Utah national guard or something.

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I was thinking Antarctica myself. Then they'd have a reason to keep both the men and the women covered from head to toe at all times. They're used to harsh conditions, there's nothing for them to break down there and they could milk penguins for food.

Don't even suggest ruining the fine state of Utah.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

you are asking the wrong person, it was mentioned in the OP quoting the Iranian president.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Pssst. Didn't you know it's ok for muslims to mention attrocities that happened over 1,000 years ago, but it's taboo to mention something that happened only 50 years ago to defend Joos?

14. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if all a jewish state can do is to revenge their suffer under Hitler, and misplace that revenge on arabic ppl, then....

BS, they deserve nothing,

industrial nation? u can directly say, nation with nuke, if anybody can be racist to this degree, plz just immigrate themselves to mars.

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Funny-ironic: The UN in a majority vote agrees to allow the setup of a state, populated by people with a long, long claim to the area as their homeland.

They're immediately attacked in many ways: Armed mobs sneaking in to shoot and kill school children. Suicide bombers in the streets. Invasion by armed forces. And then, continuations of suicide bombings by the losers.

And the responses by those against whom these acts were taken somehow makes them into bad guys? Hey, take that line of reasoning back to the mosque, okay? Spare me the hypocrisy.

Irony: Israel exists as a worldwide UN vote. Now folks say Israel's bad because it exists. Bush goes into Iraq without UN approval. Folks say that's bad. Ironic how people pick and choose their notions about the UN's approval being needed or not needed; and how the views vary as to world opinion as expressed by UN votes.

yojitani sez, "those retards with camel poop also managed to preserve founding documents of the rationality you esteem so highly."

The Koran? Founding documents of rationality? Are you kidding me? I hate to tell you, but there were a hellluva lot of far more rational documents written thousands of years before that. And I'm underwhelmed by your notion of "rationality".

I'm no particular fan of religious writings, but I note the Torah had long been
    in existence when my ancestors were still wearing bearskins or woad.

'Rat

16. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Adherence to and worship of the U.N. is reserved to issues not relating to Joos.:)

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Additional comment:

yojitani asked, "... and why bring the holocaust into this? why one act of gross racism should embolden another is beyond reprehensible."

Israel came about because of the collective guilt about the western world's having stood by and done nothing to prevent the Holocaust. Could have prevented it, but didn't. Could have stopped Hitler cold in his tracks before WW II and the Final Solution, but didn't--which is why us old folks have no respect whatsoever for today's equivalents to Neville Chamberlain.

Regardless of form of payment, Danegeld has never solved the problems engendered by aggressors.

'Rat

18. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Presumably 'rat you have no respect for the modern day equivalents of the business and political elites(in North America and Europe) who encouraged Hitler and stood aside when fascism was challenged in Spain.

In retrospect the original idea of a Israel in South America or Africa wasn't such a bad idea although the inhabitants of those places wouldn't have been too happy about Europeans (and some Asians,a handful of Africans) being dumped on them en-mass either.

19. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

No, that is factually untrue. Zionism is an old movement and the question of Israel goes back further than just Nazi's. Jew's were moving into Israel quite a bit before it. The idea of collective guilt is a nice way to paint a portrait of heroes and villians, whereas in fact European and American Anti-semitism contributed to the formation of the Israeli state as much as did the holocaust.

As to your earlier mention, why not pick up a history book and find out how ideas were preserved etc? I suppose you don't know the extent to which Islamic scholars preserved a number of classical texts...

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Correction: ZERO claim. Having grabbed the land three thousand years ago, and having lost it in turn a thousand years later, confers absolutely no right whatsoever.

You cannot seriously be unaware that yojitani is referring to the Hellenistic literature and philosophical works rescued, annotated, translated and transmitted back to the unschooled savages of Europe by the enlightened scholars of the Muslim faith? Also, your use of the term "retard" as a pejorative and an insult is lacking in taste.

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Geez, I can't think of another country formed from forceable acquisitions made 3,000 years prior which we have no trouble recognising today. :rolleyes:

Maybe the area can be reestablished as the eastern province of the Roman Empire or maybe just Canaan.

Perhaps if the Israelites hadn't been forceably taken from those lands by the Egyptians and enslaved for hundreds of years in Egypt, their claim would be more valid?

Oh, and as a practicing Catholic, I'd like to see Constantinople returned as the eastern seat of the Church too.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You appear to be in agreement with me that ancient historical possession has little meaningful relevance today. Good.

23. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Which is why the current country of Israel is here to stay and the sooner the Palestineans start concentrating on the sizable piece of land they currently reside on and make a liveable country out of it. Countries like Egypt, Iran, et.al. that want to piggyback their religious bent on the issue should tend to their own affairs or if they want to continue to look at it as an Arab nation or muslim issue, then deal with the rest of us looking at it as our issue.

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I said "ancient historical possession", not "land seized within living memory", which is quite another thing. You cannot seriously be comparing the water-starved and overcrowded Palestinian enclaves within Gaza and the Occupied West Bank with the massively-subsidised Jewish areas, can you? Of course not: you couldn't be that disingenuous.

25. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yeah, they might be able to if Israel allowed them freedom of movement within their own country, stopped stealing land, cutting down their orchards and bulldozing their houses. Of course, that's all irrelevant to you isn't it?