Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
There are occasions (like a few minutes ago for me) when the clock will display one minute for 2 minutes straight and jump to the next, skipping a minute. Is this a bug being solved by Apple? It is very annoying and I can imagine it may actually be dangerous in some situations.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
There are occasions (like a few minutes ago for me) when the clock will display one minute for 2 minutes straight and jump to the next, skipping a minute. Is this a bug being solved by Apple? It is very annoying and I can imagine it may actually be dangerous in some situations.

dont know if i would consider this dangerous. however i would agree it can be annoying. i have never seen this happen at all, but i could offer you two plausible explanations.

1.) the phone usually receives its time signal from the cellular network. the time is precisely timed with atomic time signals, verified using my atomic synced casio g-shock. my guess is there may be some kind of network issue that is causing the phones time to be erroneously displayed. this would be a localized issue that others may not notice.

2.) is your phone jailbroken? which phone is it? what version of ios 8 are you using? the phone itself could be lagging, due to higher than normal processor usage due to a problematic running app or process. this could be reflected by screen lag (sometimes noticed by lock/unlocking sound vs the actual screen turning off).

iRoRo

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
UK

Not sure if this is related to the problem described but, I and others get:
CoreTime-<date> 'bugtime 156' errors every day since upgrading to iOS 8.2.
Check Settings>Privacy>Diagnostic & Usage>Diagnostic & Usage> error list to see if you get the same every day.

Have shared with developers to highlight the issue.
Just wish that once this info has been submitted to developers that it would disappear from my iphone.

[Edit] Phone not jailbroken and neither are the others I have checked.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Check Settings>Privacy>Diagnostic & Usage>Diagnostic & Usage> error list to see if you get the same every day.

Just wish that once this info has been submitted to developers that it would disappear from my iphone.

Yeah I have noticed I get CoreTime logs too. Once a day usually.

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica

I can confirm I get the same error, as it happened 2 minutes before I posted this early this morning at 0148 EST.

iRoRo

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
UK
I wonder if this is in some way, related to the battery jump in usage/ indicator?
Who knows..Hopefully this will be fixed in iOS8.3.
As per battery indicator, just ignore it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.