Close to perfect” — the 17-inch MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LoganT, Feb 27, 2009.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

I find it kind of funny that Apple would put something on their site that basically says their product has imperfections.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Lol. ;)

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

It's automatic. You think Apple has time to search sites each day and post any Mac related news? No.

It's most likely setup in the code to look for specific keywords in a list of sites, then it posts them to the page.

3. Starfall macrumors member

There's no way it's automatic. Apple wouldn't risk posting a link to a bad review that got picked up by mistake. Apple has lots of marketing people, some of whom look for good reviews and hand select them for the Hot News page. They probably posted this article for the "close to perfect" quote.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It is automatic, its just a glorified RRS feed, check the code. You can set it as your Mac screensaver if you really feel like getting the latest Apple news. Or Not.

5. Starfall macrumors member

The articles are not automatically selected. The fact that it's an RSS feed is irrelevant. MacRumors has an RSS feed. That doesn't mean the articles are chosen automatically. Also, the intro paragraphs that Apple posts under each link don't read like they're auto-generated:

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I've seen negative things about Apple there before so I know they are auto-generated, unless Apple are just being ultra-honest which is unlike them.

7. Starfall macrumors member

I doubt you've actually seen a wholly or even mostly negative article about Apple under "Hot News", unless it was posted completely by mistake (and quickly removed). You're probably thinking of articles that were mostly positive, but also had some negative things to say once you actually clicked the link and read the article. Still, all of the articles under "Hot News" are favorable enough to be considered praise.

How else do you explain the intro paragraphs under each link, which read exactly as though an Apple marketing person wrote them?

8. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

What part of the code indicates to you that it is automatic?