[Closed] Will Apple TV come with private listening via Bluetooth 4.0 ? [Yes it will]

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by saksvig, Sep 9, 2015.

1. saksvig macrumors member

saksvig

So I know Bluetooth 4.0 on Apple TV is to connect the remote for the TV, however will that also support connecting a pair of wireless headphones to the new Apple TV for private listening ?
    would be cool to have this feature like you have on Roku3 today with plug-in jack on remote or with Shield remote as well.

Any one aware of this ?

2. QWERTYMac7 macrumors regular

This is what I am looking for as well.

We have two Apple TV's and I will buy a third when it outputs Bluetooth audio.

3. machpost macrumors 6502

machpost

It looks like Bluetooth headphones will indeed be supported on the new Apple TV. There is mention of it in the tvOS Developer Library. See Known Issues: https://developer.apple.com/library...9.0/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016575

4. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

Def. good news. Would be neat too if you could connect headphones to the lightning port of the remote.

5. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

deleted

6. QWERTYMac7 macrumors regular

7. cynics macrumors G3

Looking at known issues under Bluetooth and I notice....

Bluetooth game controllers paired with a Mac are able to control the Apple TV Simulator via UIKit. The Game Controller framework is not supported in the Apple TV Simulator in this beta.

Does this mean third party controllers will be supported? Maybe even PS3 controllers?

8. saksvig thread starter macrumors member

saksvig