Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Article title states:

"Odyssey is no iPod, but its cheaper"

Wow, what a choice of words. One could basically say that about everything Apple makes.:p

Goofy looking thing, ain't it?

Attachments

• story.odyssey.cnn.jpg
    story.odyssey.cnn.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 644

mmoin

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not a rich guy, I'm just a college student, and I'll say with confidence that the iPod is one of the best purchases I've ever made, even if it's one of the most expensive items I've ever bought.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
that mp3 player is so freaking ugly i wouldn't want it even if someone gave me a million dollars to use it ;)
My iPod is the nicest and most spacious MP3 player/calendar/clock i have ever seen :)

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by MrMacman
Time for apple legal to start working on a lawsuit.

That is REAL close looking to an iPod.
but you know that the Odyssey will never match the iPod in style and popularity...why bother?

dermeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2003
...MrMacman is right, this thing is rediculously simillar... ugh this pissed me off, such a blatant rip-off... Pretty damn shamefull if you ask me...

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Its a 20gig for $349... AND THEN Apple updates their iPod line, slashes prices and you can get the real 20gig ipod for $250. This week baby! (speculation)

It uses usb 2.0.. well that's good, because no one else does.

I'm disgusted by this thing in so many ways...

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Originally posted by übergeek
but you know that the Odyssey will never match the iPod in style and popularity...why bother?

That's probably true, but they should still be sued, because it looks WAY too much like the iPod.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
I assume Apple could make some nice headway with a lawsuit, but wouldn't it likely cost more money than it's worth?

Who was that company that Apple sued for ripping off the iMac design a couple years ago? They won that suit, and it's a good thing; that machine was the closest anyone had come. Anyone remember or have photos?

Dan

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by alset
I assume Apple could make some nice headway with a lawsuit, but wouldn't it likely cost more money than it's worth?

Who was that company that Apple sued for ripping off the iMac design a couple years ago? They won that suit, and it's a good thing; that machine was the closest anyone had come. Anyone remember or have photos?

Dan
Apple sued several companies for making iMac ripoffs... one of them was eMachines ("Sotec" in Japan) with their "e-one":

Attachments

• e-one0.jpg
    e-one0.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 539

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
lawsuit is worthless

As I said when the iPod first came out... it needs an audio imput device!!!

For me the iPod is too much money, as I have learn technology works around me I'm gonna wait until summer to see the evolution of the iPod. I did that when I waited for the last time to get the Pismo $2000 less than a month before just because it was discontinued. Now I can get a Powerbook 12" for $2000 and in the near future and iPod with more fetures than the Odisey for around $300 for sure.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Originally posted by alex_ant
Apple sued several companies for making iMac ripoffs... one of them was eMachines ("Sotec" in Japan) with their "e-one":
Did Apple win in that lawsuit?

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Originally posted by MacFan25
Did Apple win in that lawsuit?

I don't see how they could have lost it. Emachine makes the worst computers in the world... next to gateway. This thread should be renamed 'you can't polish a turd.'

I'm pretty sure they use 110watt power supplies in their machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.