Cloud Backup vs Photostream

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Are there any guides out there to understand a little better about these two differences?

I have over 2000 pictures on the iPhone that I would like to see show up on my iPad photo stream.

But I want the backup to not be stored as I'm out of room. The idea is to make sure I don't have a backup but only a photo stream?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Are there any guides out there to understand a little better about these two differences?

I have over 2000 pictures on the iPhone that I would like to see show up on my iPad photo stream.

But I want the backup to not be stored as I'm out of room. The idea is to make sure I don't have a backup but only a photo stream?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
AFAIK photo-stream is only for "new" pictures and they only stay there for 30 days. Apparently it wasn't meant for a true backup in the strict definition of the term.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
1000 pics on mobile devices, no limit on # stored on a computer.

Although presumably not "intended" for backing up photos, it effectively works that way if you have a computer receiving the photostream. On a Mac, the stream can feed into iphoto or aperture and thereby automatically import your photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.