C'mon, will Apple be talking about the 5 new features of the iPhone 4S for an hour?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackhdev, Sep 30, 2011.

1. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Do you think that there will only be an iPhone 4S at the media event on Tuesday? What is Apple going to talk about for an hour and a half, the five new features that they could put into it? A5 chip, we already know what that is, an 8 megapixel camera, and Assistant, with a five minute demo. And remember, it's called let's talk iPhone, not iPod, and the iPods, if updated, will have very few new features. So what do you think? What will they be talking about the WHOLE time (we already know what everything is, including iOS 5, there's nothing new!)??

2. theperipheral macrumors 6502

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

LOL
    I'm glad one person does

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's not just the iPhone. There's also IOS 5, the new white iPod Touch and possibly other new iPod models. They may have other surprise announcements too.

5. jackhdev thread starter macrumors 6502

No, Tim walks out on the stage. Hi, we are introducing the iPhone 4S. It has an A5 chip, better camera, 64 GB, improved antenna, and Assistant. Five minute demo of Assistant. Thanks for coming!!

Meanwhile, tech journalists flew out to California for a fifteen minute presentation. Does it make sense to you that they would only introduce an iPhone 4S?

Btw, iOS 5 has already been introduced. They are adding Assistant to it. It doesn't need another hour.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Trust me. Scott Forstall could talk about IOS 5 for a week and not get tired.:D

And that's just the icing on the cake.

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

8. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Well, the bulk of the time spent will be on the new 60" Apple HDTV. It is going to be magical.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

As I already said it's an iOS keynote not just an iPhone keynote. You make It seem the only new thing coming out of their iOS products is a new phone.

10. Qoo macrumors 6502

how do you know all these new features for iphone 4S? could it be iphone 5?

11. jackhdev thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I'm just nervous because I waited 16 months to upgrade my iPhone, and it will possibly be another $300 for nothing good. And I can't wait until next year because I am giving my iPhone 4 to my dad.

Also, the invitation said "Let's Talk iPhone", so I'm not sure...

12. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I think there is going to be more to it ... We'll just have to wait to find out exactly what. The 4s is the cake - the real question is - what's the icing?

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Well it's going to take more then 5 or 10 minutes to talk about each new feature of the phone. When you add the other announcements it probably take an hour to an hour and a half.

14. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

What constitutes "nothing good"
    Faster processor?
    Better camera?
    More memory?

What constitutes "something good"
    Bigger screen?

I get the impression sometimes if they add all this new tech in an iPhone 4 box and call it 4s it is crap

But if they make the screen 4" and don't do anything else and call it an iPhone 5 it is golden

15. curitibagarrett macrumors member

16. cward0715 macrumors regular

^ This.

Exactly, 3GS was an incremental upgrade, yet they still held a lengthy keynote. Plus these keynotes aren't exclusively iPhone demos. They also go over earnings and things of that sort. Let's not forget about the "Assistant" feature that is sure to get a lot of talk time as well.

17. z3r0inc macrumors regular

The developer previews of their new apps always take forever and they're there for almost every event...

18. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

They could go over profits/statistics for the first 15-30 minutes. Then they could talk about the iphone 4s and how they changed a few things, "we managed to put our same a5 chip that we use in the ipad 2 into our new iphone" then they might talk about how much the chip ups the speed and they could talk on that for 5-10 minutes. Then they'll bring someone out to talk about the new camera and how it'll record 1080p and shoot 8mp snaps and stuff. Then they'll bring someone out to talk about how these new things (chip and camera) are integrated with ios5 and demo ios 5 running on the 4s and show off some of the apps that have changed and demo how you can alter images you took with your 8mp shooter or do some basic effects with the new updated imovie app. Then they'd move onto how they bought nuance and what they had hoped to accomplish with it, give a 5 minute story about buying it and their goals and then they'll show it and demo it for 5-10 minutes. They could potentially make an hour and a half out of it but it would be boring and repetitive.

Here's how I think it will go down though. They'll do the stats of the apple stores growth and the app store selling so much and the sales of the iphone 4. Then an iphone 4s will show up on the screen and they'll say "this is the iphone 4s" and say how it has both cdma and gsm technologies combined and will replace the two different models by combining them. Then they'll say "and in the process of rebuilding this iphone we decided to go a step further and up the processor and the camera" Then they'll go over the price and tech specs of it and say "Oh, one more thing (a cloud appears on the screen and dissipates revealing the iphone 5) The iphone 5!" Then they'll go over it which I'm sure we all know what to expect if they announce such a phone (a5, 8mp camera, 4 inch screen, assistant, etc. etc.)

19. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

They'll talk a lot about voice rec and Facebook stuff. Offering a lower end phone that handles iOS 5 like the redesigned 5 is huge for them so that will be emphasized. I'm feeling like a lot of the redesign will be sold on a bigger screen, alum body, wicked thin design and possibly 4g connectivity. The 4th for 4g? maybe, but idk...but yeah that's a lot of stuff. Plus anything iPod related.

20. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I agree. An iPhone with a dual core processor, better camera and more memory should be fine hardware wise for two years.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You assume that we know everything, and this is why this fails.

Good case in point: we thought we knew everything about IOS 4 as well as the iPhone 4. we 'knew' about it maybe having a front-facing camera (all we had to go off of was a prototype in a 3GS shell), yet knew nothing about Facetime. Oh wait.. "we already know everything, there's nothing new!!" :rolleyes:

How about sitting back, being patient, and wait until Tuesday and get the facts from those who are the source, instead of taking rumour, hearsay, and popular opinion as fact (funnily enough, this being posted on MacRUMORS). Then you actually may not feel let down by something you thought should have been there because you 'knew it' already.

BL.

22. sparks9 macrumors 6502a

This is how the talk will be:

1. Tim Cook will start by telling how great a company Apple is and acknowledge Steves great work for the company (5 mins).

2. Cook will explain how many different stores they have (App, iTunes, iBooks whatever) and how many people are using them (5 mins).

3. Cook will then talk about how the iPhone has changed everybody's lives and how many billion iPhones they have sold etc. (10 mins).

4. Cook will introduce new iPhone 4S/5 whatever, and key features (15 mins).

5. That Scott person will talk about iOS/new iPhone, and demo a few features. Maybe: Some unknown App-maker person will give a short presentation (20 mins). Phil Schiller will be on Facetime and people will laugh.

6. Cook will wrap up and show commercial (5 mins).

Total: 50 mins. That leaves 15 mins for other stuff.

23. cward0715 macrumors regular

No, we KNEW it had a front-facing camera, and it wasn't in a 3GS shell. Don't you remember Gizmodo buying the "found" iPhone 4?

24. PhoneI macrumors 65816

exactly!!!!!

25. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Ditto, my brother, ditto. I don't get how people snuff off internal upgrades. A faster iPhone is always welcomed.