CNBC; Obama and Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peterg2, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

This morning Michelle Caruso-Cabrera said that Obama made a statement/comment that Steve Jobs needed to give back (donate some of his wealth). Of course, like Rick Santelli, the sources of their political commentary are not exactly highly varied.

I have never heard this although there have been comments - including a thread here - on the comparison between Jobs and Gates.

Did Obama ever say anything to this effect?

2. swedefish macrumors 6502

I don't know if Obama said it, but I sort of wish he did. No, Steve Jobs should not have to give, but it certainly is not a good look to hoard billions in this economic climate.

3. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I don't claim to be a "fan" of Bill Gates but you have got to respect his philanthropy. That doesn't take anything away from Steve Jobs, they are two different people and perhaps if SJ had more time on his hands he would be more involved in charity.

More than likely Steve Jobs gives more than we know about but it hard to imagine it could come close to the Bill and Melinda Gates foudation.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Obama should set an example and give a couple million

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Shouldn't we find out if he actually made this statement first? I find it a bit difficult to believe that he would.