CNN and Fox News Reporters trade jabs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Mar 23, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Have you seen this spat between Robertson of CNN and Harrigan of Fox News?

Original story:

What CNN left out:

Harrigan's response:

Anyone else find it strange that Fox News only has one reporter in country and he finds it a waste of time to go out and see things? Why is he even there? He could do the same thing in a studio in NY. Is it to make it look like he knows more about the situation? They actually sent a security guard out with a camera rather than a reporter, journalist or cameraman?

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The news has jumped the shark if they're now reporting on each other.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree. I've always been bothered even by that brief moment at the beginning of the news - from NPR to NBC to Fox News to everyone else - when they tell me, "I'm John Doe, sitting in for Jane Smith who is on vacation [or on assignment, or whatever]. I don't care about the face/voice reading cue cards. Give me Max Headroom to regurgitate another person's writing, and keep the vacation details of Brian Williams off the air.

[​IMG]

5. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

The spat between them is a big yawn, but the behind the scenes revelations are interesting.

The knowledge that they are being played by the government and military there; how they handle that; the dangers and issues of gathering information are all interesting. But, in addition, it is also interesting to see a CNN reporter call out a FOX News 'reporter' as being nothing more than an on-site anchor who doesn't leave his hotel room. And it being admitted by the Fox 'reporter.'

That's important if you are evaluating the reporting from Fox. If they aren't actually going out to see things and gather news, then the stories and reports from there are being scripted somewhere else. Based on something else. Right?

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Please. CNN is a ****ing joke of a news organization. Twitter is now their primary source.

7. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the last year or two has been brutal for CNN. They're clearly dumbing everything down. Having people "vote by text message" for which stories they want to see is just embarrassing. And then last night, they literally said "Experts do not think the nuclear leak in Japan is a threat at all for America..." and then they went right to asking random people who don't know what they're talking about, what their opinion is on the matter! It's like they've seen Fox News' success in reporting the lowest common denominator in terms of quality news, and now they're racing to the bottom.

I just don't want TV news any more. It's gotten to radio quality.