CNN Backpedal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Gutwrench, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

They have a long way to go to fix their bad reputation.

"On Friday, one of the people named in the story, Trump ally Anthony Scaramucci, disputed Frank's reporting and said, "I did nothing wrong."

I'm sure that's all he said.

2. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

CNN is just one of many media news sites that need to curb their reporting style including Fox News. They are all for getting the scoop on their competitors that they forget why they are there in the first place and that is to report the news. Instead they want the ratings and put all the journalistic training aside for ratings. How sad. :(

3. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Sounds like when Buzzfeed published the Trump Russia dossier. Sure none of it was proved false but none of it was proved true either. Journalism aint what it used to be. Or rather probably,journalism ain't what I used to think it was.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Viewership isn't what it used to be, either. All that the normal clueless viewer wants to see is either something that proves their preconceived notions to be right (which cable news panders and feeds into that notion), and only wants to hear the next dirt that comes from Twitter or TMZ.

While others that are actually credible (overseas outlets, NPR, PRI, CBC, BBC, etc.) get ignored when they produce really good reports. In short, you need to know where to look and ignore everything else.

BL.

5. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

When it comes to politics it's not CNN. They're disgraceful.

But for breaking news I'll still watch them.

6. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Bad reputation? You mean among the clueless Trump supporters? If you had actually read the article, you would have noticed that this is in fact a positive story about CNN acting responsibly when they found out that an online news story wasn't properly vetted. If only the right wing propaganda/entertainment channels posing as news outlets followed CNN's example of journalistic integrity.

Of course, you also neglected to mention Scaramucci's other comments praising CNN.

What is disgraceful is the orange clown in the White House constantly tweeting lies.

7. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

So why not start a thread?

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Most respectable news organizations vet the stories before they get put on the front page of their website. This is a black eye.

9. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Do we really need another thread on Trump's lies?

10. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Yes, unless you want to take this thread off topic.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hey Trump doesn't vet things he says and a lot of people seem to be okay with it. Including a number of people on this site. It just comes right out of his mouth before he knows facts.

Now, you may be saying well, a news organization should be held to a higher standard, but I would counter that so should a President.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yet you like to present news fro Fox, Washington Times, WND, Breitbart, and consider them godly, yet don't hold them to the same standard when their stories are not properly vetted.

Congratulations on yet again setting the double standard.

BL.

13. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Is your problem, BL., with the thread subject, or a personal issue with someone who was on-topic?

Worry not - your personal attacks, BL., are mod-safe here.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah right. I don't think that's your call to make. :rolleyes:

15. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I [heart] Emoticons

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh good. I'm glad. Here's some more then. :):):confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops:o_O
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2017 ---
    Will you ever worry about Trump's fakery? Or does he get a pass?

18. daflake macrumors 6502a

Haha, I read CNN and while I used to hold them with high standards, I know think I was just high. o_O They have been doing all they can to push their agenda and people simply eat it up. Sadly, there are few news agencies worthy of reporting the real news anymore.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Like this:

Can't wait to see their response to this.

20. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Wow. At least they're honest with themselves.

21. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

You're right, we only have 158 of those threads. They need to make 1 or 2 new threads everyday. Lefties are slacking ;)
    --- Post Merged, Jun 27, 2017 ---
    He was right since the beginning.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 27, 2017 ---
    Donnie is anything but fake. Good or bad, he does what he says will do. He's always been that way.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Just like the DNC leaks they will attack the messenger and completely ignore the message.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

So are we criticizing CNN for doing the right thing and removing these reporters? When has Trump ever recanted something he said that was proven to be patently false? Asking for a friend.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The "right thing" only because they were caught.

[​IMG]

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Nope. They removed the reporters just as Trump has made changes to his staff where applicable. I don't give either credit for doing that though as those reactions and changes are what is to be expected when such things are found to have happened.