CNN caught telling focus group voters what to say

zin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
What are you referring to - when the room moderator re-quoted Hillary in case the panel didn't hear it?
That explanation would make perfect sense were it not for the fact that the question being asked was completely unrelated to the clip being shown and the audience member regurgitated exactly what she whispered prior to asking it.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
That explanation would make perfect sense were it not for the fact that the question being asked was completely unrelated to the clip being shown and the audience member regurgitated exactly what she whispered prior to asking it.
Are you watching the same clip as I am?

Reactions: ericgtr12

TonyC28

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I'm not sure what to make of this. If she were simply whispering to that woman what Hillary had just said in the clip then I find it strange that they would ask the first question to a person who didn't even hear what she's supposed to comment on.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
She's telling the people about the question she's about to ask to give them a moment of prep before having them interviewed in front of millions of people.

It's a common practice to give people—especially people who are not often on camera—the question ahead of time so they can think about their answer.