CNN FAKE NEWS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by oldhifi, Jul 13, 2018.

1. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Well, if Trump said it, it must be true. He doesn't lie, right? I mean, I wouldn't answer the question either if I were David Denison, with the largest inaugural crowd in history.

What a loser.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I don’t particularly care about him calling CNN fake news, but he’s a moron for thinking that FOX is any better.

Of course, this isn’t a president who is known for being objective so not surprising at all.

4. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

I thought it's every network except Fox that do the fake news (including other countries networks too)?

5. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

He's degrading the office of the American presidency by the way he speaks to the press.

Dear Mr. President: When you have a beef with the press you put a press aide on the phone to the editor who maybe conferences in the reporter. That's all. You're not in the Oval Office to manage the Fourth Estate. They're in their offices to report on everything you and your administration do. That is their job. When they mess up, which they sometimes do, it's ok to call them out on it and ask for a correction or retraction. The best way to do that is not to go for their jugular. The press... they bleed ink, and they bleed it at the speed of light onto the internet these days.
    I get it that Trump does this stuff to spike up his fans' approval. It's a cheap shot that costs him a little more elsewhere in the country and world every time he does it. And at this point I don't blame CNN for taking it to him at press conferences. They've had their share of bloopers but they also have hard working reporters who bring us not fake news but real news most of the time, 24/7. The way Trump treats Acosta is unwarranted. And so unpresidential that it's embarrassing to be an American watching this tinpot blowhard stuff go down.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

He limits the 1A how? I haven't heard of any cases in the U.S. of people having the police sent around to their house because of things they posted on social media, unlike Europe...

7. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502a

RootBeerMan

8. vvswarup macrumors 6502a

Fake news has become the most overused term these days and I think many people have forgotten what it actually means. Fake news is news that is known to be false. Spreading fake news would is grounds for a lawsuit in the US.

All media is biased. Some news outlets are just very anti-Trump but that's still not fake news. I'd love to see a case of CNN or MSNBC or any other news outlet Trump calls "fake news" having deliberately circulated a story that any of these outlets new was false. Failure to check sources is negligent but that isn't good enough. It has to be a deliberate, systematic attempt to spread false information with intent to mislead people.

9. snowboarder macrumors 6502

And that's EXACTLY what it is.
    Where to start? Just the whole "kids in cages" is a joke. Pushing an agenda.
    Here you have an interview where the CNN host is trying hard to sell their propaganda message,
    but a great border patrol guy keeps his calm and simply states the facts. FACTS. Amazing, right?

10. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

But who do you think is more honest, Trump or the all the media (except Fox)?

11. snowboarder macrumors 6502

In this case Trump is obviously right - CNN, MSNBC etc are all fake news. They have one agenda only,
    spread the hatred against Trump. They don't care about the truth. They push and repeat all those fake stories
    to brainwash people and it sadly works.
    Yesterday Maggie Lake was talking to Amanpour in London and they kept saying how migrant neighborhoods
    in Europe are "much safer than other parts of town". They repeated this a few times. Not safer, "MUCH safer".
    I have many friends in France, Germany and Sweden. Go ask them...

12. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

Trump is a loony, he backtracks on his interview with The Sun (kinda like the Fox News of newspapers here in the U.K.) and then The Sun release the recordings of the interview proving Trump is a liar. And that’s from The Sun (or the scum as we call it).

The USA is a laughing stock due to trump, and whenever we see anyone defend him they just look like complete nuggets.

Just watch any of his speeches, he speaks like an 8 year old and makes no sense and his supporters whoop and holler at his every word. Meanwhile, in the civilised world folk watch that and are dumbfounded by your reaction. We actually pity folk like that as their lives must be so crap that they think it’s better supporting someone like Trump.

13. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Trump is fake news. Forget about his actual policies but what he has actually said about other people, or even about how he would even act if elected....

14. Marshall73, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018

Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

Sure, the brown shirts said the same thing about critics of Hitler.

15. KUKitch macrumors 6502

KUKitch

You can read, right? It says TRYING not limiting... you’re being incredibly disingenuous if you have the balls to suggest that he doesn’t attempt to limit by ignoring question, trying to “open up the libel laws” - of course he is an absolute moron so I guess there’s that.

16. widgeteer Suspended

No, you ask them. Your anecdotal data that doesn't extend much past talking to other people that agree with you shouldn't stand in as real data. It's not the news mesia's job to carry the water for Trump's stupid claims. The administration lies constantly, and the loader Trump and his followers yell "fake news", the more you know they've got him nailed dead to rights.

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

18. samcraig macrumors P6

The media is not fake news. A story can be fake news. Trump conflates the two. If anyone wants to go criticize the media, they should remember to hold Trump equally if not more than the media. He's POTUS.

19. widgeteer Suspended

It’s the same story with the Mueller investigation. They can’t control it so everything must be discredited.

“Fake news” has become their calming mantra.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

More important than calming, it’s flagrant deception, designed to achieve advantage by manipulating, fooling people. By any reasonable standard, it’s immoral.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Agreed. If MAGA is something truly important, they would welcome a thorough investigation without further obstruction.

22. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Exactly. What does Trump and the GOP have to fear? They are both terrified about the truth and the impact it could have on their future ability to hold power and earn income. The GOP looks at their base and have made a calculation that fooling people is the only possible survival strategy. :(

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

F704904E-D8B6-45B7-ABBE-E2CA98198A0F.jpeg

Well, they sure weren’t free range...

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Fake news, who's fake news, you're fake news

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/3...cover-him-refusing-question-from-acosta-at-uk

President Trump on Saturday falsely claimed that CNN did not report on his snub of the network's White House correspondent Jim Acosta at an international news conference the previous day.

At a joint press conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May on Friday, Trump refused to take a question from Acosta, saying he does not take questions from the “Fake News” network, before offering a question to Fox News instead.

“So funny! I just checked out Fake News CNN, for the first time in a long time (they are dying in the ratings), to see if they covered my takedown yesterday of Jim Acosta (actually a nice guy),” Trump tweeted. “They didn’t! But they did say I already lost in my meeting with Putin. Fake News……”

[​IMG]

Of course another example of Trump spreading fake news.