CNN Fires Piers Morgan

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
while i agreed with his views, i just didnt like his show. be interesting to see what they replace it with in that prime time slot

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Howard Stern such replace him. But he's probably still on contract with Sirius.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
A better question is.... Will the evil NRA somehow get blamed for him losing his job.

Maybe he can get a job at the BBC?

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
Piers Morgan's views on gun control have very little, if anything, to do with his failure as a news host.

I doubt most sincerely if British TV viewers would have warmed to an obviously American commentator appearing nightly on Channel 4 or ITV, telling them how badly they were handling immigration, European integration, or speed cameras. Even if they agreed with the gist of his arguments - they wouldn't like an obvious outsider telling them so.

It would be even worse if the host kept filling his Twitter feed with references to baseball pennant races and NFL playoffs.

Piers Morgan was right about a lot of gun issues. His mistake was thinking his (obvious) talents as a British newspaper editor transferred to the US cable news environment. They don't.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Piers Morgan's views on gun control have very little, if anything, to do with his failure as a news host.

I doubt most sincerely if British TV viewers would have warmed to an obviously American commentator appearing nightly on Channel 4 or ITV, telling them how badly they were handling immigration, European integration, or speed cameras. Even if they agreed with the gist of his arguments - they wouldn't like an obvious outsider telling them so.

It would be even worse if the host kept filling his Twitter feed with references to baseball pennant races and NFL playoffs.

Piers Morgan was right about a lot of gun issues. His mistake was thinking his (obvious) talents as a British newspaper editor transferred to the US cable news environment. They don't.
Except Americans are telling the rest of the world they're doing it wrong ALL THE TIME.

/rimshot

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I don't think the gun issue sank his show.

Harping on an on and on certainly didn't win over viewers though.

Larry King actually had a pretty diverse line up of topics and personalities.

Piers Morgan seemed monotonous, humorless and came off as condescending. I actually watched his show a few times a month and it was just so freaking bereft of personality and anything human feeling a lot of the time.

You take someone like Chris Matthews. I enjoy his show so much more because he's reachable with an accessible personality. Same for O'reilly. Morgan was just tied up so tight.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I don't think the gun issue sank his show.

Harping on an on and on certainly didn't win over viewers though.

Larry King actually had a pretty diverse line up of topics and personalities.

Piers Morgan seemed monotonous, humorless and came off as condescending. I actually watched his show a few times a month and it was just so freaking bereft of personality and anything human feeling a lot of the time.

You take someone like Chris Matthews. I enjoy his show so much more because he's reachable with an accessible personality. Same for O'reilly. Morgan was just tied up so tight.
And yet he had more personality than most people on CNN. What does that say?