CNN: iTunes 30 day $2.99 movie rentals soon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zioxide, Sep 12, 2007.

1. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Apple leaks are getting more and more frequent...they can't keep anything secret...

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Possible further confirmation of the news discussed in this thread. :)

4. Motley macrumors 6502

5. ivan a rom macrumors newbie

I don't think the leaks are so frequent, but with Apple in SO many different businesses and with so many products it's become more difficult to keep things from the public. When you have to talk with people outside of your company, there is a greater chance of a leak.

If you're just pushing an iPod and a couple of computers you have a lot less of a chance of a leak than when pushing a multimedia empire.

6. milo macrumors 604

I'd agree with that...but it would still be 5.1 surround sound. That's much more out of date than the video format.

7. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Would be great if they --or tv shows-- were even available for purchase.

All I get is a message saying "Sorry, the entertainment cartels have only grudgingly allowed this in the US and are even trying to back out of that, they would prefer to drive their potential customer base in the rest of the world to bit torrent downloads."

Or words to that effect.

8. Shorties macrumors 6502a

You know honestly, I'm a videophile but the 640x480 max on the iTunes store does not bother me, compared to DVD's there isn't a huge noticeable difference. I happily pay for iTunes movies for the advantage of it being almost instant (From when you buy it until its ready to play) and at a great price. (I am sick of $20 DVD's). Anyway I have a feeling the new iPods will all support these new rentals but I bet the older ones will not have the software capable to handle a rental. All I know is I hope this brings more studios to iTunes (Cause I am not a big fan of renting movies, I like watching movies multiple times). I also think its possible that they will offer HD shows and movies, I have a feeling the new hardware in the new iPods also supports the decoding of HD content (Similar to how the 5th Gen originally had the hardware to decode 640x480 but had a max of 320x240).