CNN poll: Democratic policies better, but Lieberman's in big trouble

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is actually right about where I'd expect to find the public. Of course Democratic popularity is down -- they've royally botched the health reform plan. OTOH, people still seem to realize that the Republicans would be even worse.

I'm relishing Lieberman's plight. Good for you, ya little weasel!

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't believe polls from CNN anymore than I would polls from fox.

3. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Fair point.

Oh why, oh why, oh why did the Republicans not practice what they preached while in power? Some of those policies might have been okay.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Continue? Some of us on the other side of the aisle never did like him to begin with. :p

With some of these questions like the "policies are good for the country" question, are there only the two options -- "good for" or "wrong direction?" -- or is there any kind of neutral option?

I'll give you that. I don't generally consider CNN a credible politics news source. If there's a cat stuck in a tree, sure, they can report on that.

5. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

I sense a consensus of attack here by Democrats upon Independents like the honorable Joe Lieberman and honorable Conservatives like Sarah Palin, Michelle Backmann, and others. Just a day or two ago I read that Joe Lieberman's wife was attacked by Democrats because of Joe's position on health care - this is not the first time Hadassah Lieberman was attacked by the far left - they are often relentless... Anyhow, the far left pressure against Lieberman resembles that used against Palin and others and in that I feel a camaraderie with Senator Joe Lieberman...

Which news source do you depend?

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The mathematics, benefits and drawbacks of sampling/polling are pretty straightforward. This poll was sponsored by CNN, run by the Opinion Research Corporation. I'm no fan of CNN but I think it's kind of absurd to immediately discount poll results they publish.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/12/23/rel19e.pdf

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...talk about oxymorons...

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

LOL. Using the word honorable with the names Palin and Backmann. Funny stuff.

9. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Ha!

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You used the word "honorable" and then go on to name the three worst examples in the government* today.

*: except Sarah, because she's a quitter.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

None of them and all of them at the same time. Always with a dash of skepticism.

The news stations aren't the people I know, the people I live with daily who are tired of ********, the people who go to work and don't know if something will happen to them that day, the people who post daily who only want to give americans a better life. I live in a country where gays are allowed to serve and die but not allowed to be married, I live in a country where people are allowed to die because they can't afford insurance, furthermore I live in a country who tries to police the world as if it is its own, when we should be allowing each nation it's sovereignty. Fml.