CNN thinks men can give birth

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Rogifan, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

2. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I worked with a transgender individual. Her kids loved her.

I'd suggest you not project your prejudices onto a child that (hopefully) will just know the love of their parent.

It's 2018, get the hell over it.

3. Altis macrumors 68030

I think it's the "hopefully" part that concerns people. The whole thing is a social experiment.

We know that kids are best off with a mother and father. It stands to reason that the best case/expected scenario is the kid is in the same boat as other motherless kids.

4. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

My hopefully was just that some kids don’t like their parents and has nothing to do with gender.

Kids do best when their material and social needs are met. This country is garbage on theses fronts, so how about we focus on the real issues instead of this ********?

Also, does anyone see the irony in the OP having an avatar of one of the most iconic gender-boundary pushing artists of all time?

5. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Ok, but the fact is a Man cannot give birth to a child. It’s impossible. Unless you can prove to me wrong? Facts don’t care about your feelings.

6. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

Some of you need to grow up and only worry about what's in your own pants.

7. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Alright Peterson:rolleyes:

Question: why the **** do you care about this at all? Honest to god the right wingers have an abnormal fixation on human sexuality.

8. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

But if you read the tweet it’s very misleading.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018 ---
    Not my name... I care because a man can not give birth to a child... If you ask more people about how they feel about transgenders then ask about their political party, you will be surprised on how many people say Democrat. Don’t blame only them right wingers.

9. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

A man can give birth to a child if you accept that a trans-man is a man. Some people cannot make that leap of semantics.

Personally I don't know why this needs to be a news story; it's no one's business, frankly.

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

CNN never said those things, OP did. In fact, based on the tweet in the OP, CNN respects his alternate gender views, and are very clear on where the difference is. So if you need to grow up and absolutely have to whine, do it to OP.

11. Vanilla Ice, Jun 15, 2018

Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Now you’re on to something that I agree with. But CNN’s tweet says different.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018 ---
    I’m not whining, I’m pointing out how rediculous the tweet is. I know it’s hard to say how it is, Transgender gives birth to son.... Good for CNN and it’s click bait

12. tshrimp, Jun 15, 2018

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

No...an XY Chromosome is a Man/Male. The facts here are very simple. We can't choose to be what we are no matter how much we may want to accept otherwise.

13. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

XY is male, yes. I don't conflate "man" with "male" in every instance. That's the difference. A trans man can never be male in the biological sense (which the word "male" is part of the language of), but I don't have a problem with considering him a man.

14. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

In reality CNN should not be having any "views" at all, but should just be reporting news without putting any personal opinions in it.

No matter how much people may want it, a true male cannot born a child.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's an interesting profile of a person navigating gender and parenting. The tweet is baiting, but the story tries to deal with the complications of this particular family.

As for children needing a mother and father, this seems to be untrue. What children need are involved, directed parents and their gender matters only in how the surrounding culture treats that family.

16. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Man is a Male. Creating this new construct does not change biology.

17. sim667 macrumors 65816

Repressed feelings.

18. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

My point is that the word "man" is not entirely biological. An example like the one in the article being the exception.

19. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Just because you say that and want that does not make it so. Again, this is a new construct created for those who do not accept who they are. Just because you want the meaning to change doesn't change facts.

20. cube Suspended

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Not sure I understand the headline. CNN is being respectful of the gender the man identifies with. CNN doesn't think MEN can give birth.

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

CNN forgot to mention the individual just gave up their right to have an opinion on abortion. Comes with the territory and welcome to manhood! Also, it's a little presumptive to call the kid a "son" isn't it?

23. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

That kid is going to have one hell of a headache when “dad” has the birds and bees talk with him.

24. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Funny that kid doesn't appear to be scarred at all. In fact the kid seems to enjoy that person.

... But CNN isn't the first to bring up this topic. A famous republican leader did that first....
    [​IMG]

25. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

So your argument is that common usage doesn't change a word's definition even though THAT'S LITERALLY HOW WORDS WORK