CNN Trolls Trump - Sends Acosta to Paris

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 11, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I know Trump wont call on him to ask a question but they should stick him in the front row anyways.

3. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

CNN’s just “poking the bear”.

Seems a bit childish. Sinking to Trump’s level.

4. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

He’s CNN’s chief White House correspondent. Having him do his job is not childish.

5. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

You're right. I was reacting more to the thread title, "CNN Trolls Trump"
    --- Post Merged, Nov 11, 2018 ---
    Did Acosta change his tweet in that story? The one I saw earlier seemed a bit more provocative. The current one is more professional.

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

A dictator likes to discredit the press, call the truth a "lie" while they spread lies themselves. Trump needs a good journalistic trolling. An inept idiot who usually can't answer a question even if he wanted to, lies and bullies his way out of answering. Put his feet to the proverbial fire.

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I agree with you on that. The thread title is unnecessary. CNN having Acosta do his job isn’t trolling.

8. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

While some disagree with the thread title, I do think CNN is a doing a bit of trolling. Given how Acosta was treated and how CNN responded by outright calling Sanders a liar, I don't doubt for a moment that making sure Acosta is in Europe right now covering DJT is a bit of poking. Otherwise, they would have given Acosta a timeout by sending someone else until things cool off a bit.