CNN: Trump and Clinton below 270 electoral votes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by moonman239, Nov 4, 2016.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Currently, Trump is sitting at 204 votes and Clinton at 268, with 66 votes still up for grabs.

Battleground states so far:
    -Nevada
    -Arizona
    -Florida
    -North Carolina
    -Delaware

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/04/polit...l-college-map-november-4-duplicate/index.html

For those unaware of why this is important:
    The US Constitution requires each candidate to attain at least 270 electoral votes. (Each state gets a number of electoral votes equal to the number of Congressional legislators in the state) If no candidate achieves this 270-vote mark, the House of Representatives will decide who becomes President.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I really just don't think Arizona is a battleground state. I guess I could be wrong, but I just see it staying red. Also Deleware is not a battleground. LOL (has it ever been a contested state in the last 50 years?) but maybe you meant to say New Hampshire which has been moved to battleground status.

3. zin macrumors 6502

Clinton needs 271 to win. An elector in Washington said he'd pay the $1,000 fine and not vote for her because she's a "criminal".

4. jerwin macrumors 68020

Or you simply don't understand statistics, and believe that these 66 votes will remain unassigned after election day.

If Clinton and Trump are tied in Florida, it's journalistically irresponsible to count those 29 votes for either Clinton or Trump. But we'll know soon enough.

If McMullin, or Johnson, or Stein picks up a state by winning a plurality of votes cast in that state, then yes, it is possible that neither Trump nor Clinton will win an outright majority of electoral votes. But that's exceptionally unlikely.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's true. She now needs 271 to win technically. This could get real interesting if that vote is actually needed. I wonder if there is a mechanism for removing someone who proclaims in advance they will be in violation.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I think her chances in Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida are pretty good. She has a major advantage in early voting in Nevada that may be irreversible. Florida is also getting a huge Hispanic turnout.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

All of it is irrelevant, she's going to jail.

8. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

That's cool, I'm fine with Kaine as president. I'm not voting for Hillary, I'm voting against Trump and a right wing Supreme Court. Eyes on the prize baby.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Based on what exactly? Wishes don't count.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Storing classified and top secret info outside of government networks, lieing to congress about doing so, running a pay for play org into the SoS, having said classified documents show up on a perverts laptop with no clearance. take your pick.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You don't even know if any classified documents of Hillary's were even on Weiner's computer. Way to jump the gun. Jumping the gun on the pay for play quite a bit too.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think that's wildly inappropriate. The same applies to Trump.

13. Zenithal macrumors 603

True. Some people are demanding a release of the emails. The very same people who lay claim that the emails hold secret state information. In the end, he's a Canadian citizen, barring he's American and lives in Canada, his opinion means about piss all. Just as my opinion means nothing about Canadian or British politics, or my views on how Europeans should conduct their immigration and social services.

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

She's a traitor.
    Traitors of that caliber don't go to prison:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not only will there be classified docs on that laptop, there will be new emails that Hillary didn't provide under subpoena, time for jail Hillary it's been a good run.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let's bottom line it folks. Clinton has multiple paths to victory. Trump pretty much needs to run the table. Based on Hispanic early voter turnout, it's looking grim for the Orange Man.

[​IMG]

18. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Trump never had a chance. The establishment would never allow it. Time to revert back to the bush-clinton-bush-clinton model of a free and democratic America.

19. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Yeah, not even worried if she wins at this point. She's completely irrelevant and will be a lame duck that can do nothing from day one. Perjury, pay to play. I'm going to love watching the Clintons fall.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016 ---
    Kaine will get no where. He's part of it. You guys are laughable at this point.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Trump is a terrible candidate. If someone actually good had been nominated against Clinton they'd have won for sure.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Pretty sure you're the one living with a dream. Right now there are no facts to support that she would be impeached. But if it helps you through the election cycle to sleep at night

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've only recently started paying attention to this, but how did they get to this silly state? Surely there were better candidates.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

They didn't collude like the left did to put Hillary on the ticket.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

A charge on any one of those items would be an impeachable offense.

25. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yeah I'll just vote for Ayatollah Pence instead.