CNN: Trump sent 4 tweets on the Sally Yates hearing. Not one of them was entirely accurate.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 9, 2017.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This is Twitter we are talking about. I don't think accuracy is required. Consider the Twitter audience.

2. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Then again it is CNN and the other anti-Trump MSM coalition members take.
    I'll wait and garner the take from both/all sides while I digest other news-tainment with my morning coffee... ;)

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Accuracy from POTUS isn't required? No thanks - I'll hold the person in charge of the country accountable. Always.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I agree....

“We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book.”
    –President Obama, July 12, 2016
    --- Post Merged, May 9, 2017 ---
    While I agree that accuracy is important I also realize that this is the President, not a news corespondent. All the people in all of the 57 United States deserve better than this. Especially preceding the most "transparent administration in history".

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Your post is largely irrelevant. I never said you couldn't hold Obama accountable for his tweets. But we're talking about the current POTUS.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Don't we demand accuracy from our elected leadership? Or are Tweets considered the place to fool and mislead people?

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Twitter and Facebook are certainly places to fool people. The podium is as well. You guys seem to forget how dishonest Obama, Hillary, Holder, Bush, etc. were/are. This is politics. People lying and other people believing. They all lie. They are all pieces of ****. People too often focus on one side and ignore the other. Wake up people.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This is trump we are talking about. I don't think accuracy is required. Consider the trump audience.

10. Huntn, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Actually, regarding the second Headline, Trump is doing a fantastic job of this, but it's not based on Right Wing fantasy, instead on concrete events, relationships, resignations, and lying 24/7.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The president tweeting is freaking ridiculous and juvenile, if you ask me. I hate it. Trump needs to be about the work of the American people, not Tweeting his stupid opinions about things.

In his defense, he knows that most of the people who follow his twitter feed aren't going to fact check. It's a smart strategy that any lying piece of **** should use.

12. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

We do? Are you sure? Because that sounds like a big ole strawman to me.

Once again - we're talking about POTUS. The current one. And holding him accountable. You agree. So that's that.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll counter that in an existence based on relativity, we must make relative choices. If you hold your breath for perfection, nothing ever will be accomplished.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Most of these newly formed conspiracy theorists still ignore all the lefty conspiracies. They are more than happy to suspend reality in favor of their chosen political god.
    So how do you hold him accountable for misusing Twitter? Take it away from him? Dear Jesus, PLEASE take it away.

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The delusional Democrats and their circle-jerking sycophants are doing it, not Trump.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't need perfection. I'd like a candidate with just an ounce of integrity. Is that too much to ask? All of them, left or right, will sell their beliefs down the river if it means another term in office or a shot at higher office. I can count on one hand the number of politicians I actually respect. The rest are all chaff.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Trump is just the victim. :(

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I personally liked someone's suggestion that his staff replace his twitter app with one that is fake and doesn't post to the actual service. He can tweet all he wants - they can automate some bots and stats for him and he'll (like living in the matrix) think it's all real. The rest of us can enjoy a Trump-free twitter zone.

On the flip side - as much as I despise his tweeting - it helps to re-inforce what a buffoon he is and hopefully over time, his base will even get infuriated enough to draw a line in the sand. #kingofwishfulthinking
    What you want is Francisco "Frankie" Vargas

19. webbuzz, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017

webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Never said that. I do think most of his issues are a result of his big mouth.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Alan West
    Something along these lines?

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Denial, you may end up surprised. Do you really deny his constant never ending river of lies?

22. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Doubt it.

He lies about as much as Obama and Ben Rhodes.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Clinton News Network.
    it's ok when democrats do it :D

24. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I think in this newer era, referring it to the clinton news network is a fallacy. It just happens to fit the letters. I think it's more accurate to simply state it's the Anti-Trump News Network.