Co Senator facing possible recall resigns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Nov 28, 2013.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

A delay tactic? Link
    Does this subvert the will of her constituents? Is this Democracy in Colorado now? It is lawful but is that good?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

By resigning, the Democrat governor or the Colorado Democrat party will be able to pick her replacement and keep a narrow 18-17 margin in the Colorado Senate.

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Yep, I read it...
    But..Does that subvert the will of her constituents? It's lawful but is it good?

4. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't know if it is good or not. By resigning, she is saving the county $200,000. But if her constituents are angry, hopefully they will remember it next year when the replacement has to stand for re-election.

6. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Perhaps, but I think they would have to file new paperwork and collect new signatures. All of this would be quite time consuming and the election is in November 2014.

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Republicans and conservatives are destroying this country and you're going to call out liberals?

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

There are plenty who think it is the liberals and Democrats who are destroying this country.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I would have thought if a recall was happening, a resignation would lead to a race for the seat

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Well then those people obviously watch Fox or don't look at any of the laws being voted on or passed.

I've noticed anytime I ask conservatives/Republicans to give proof of how libs and dems destroy everything they end up in one of three states:

1. Changing the subject.
    2. Resorting to the "Both sides are bad" and "We will have to agree to disagree" argument.
    3. A blubbering mess where nothing but the words "Obamacare", "Muslim", and "Benghazi" are uttered.

Never do I ever get proof of how libs and dems are destroying things. (Real proof, not garbage spewed by Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter).

12. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

well so far her constituents haven't actually expressed their will other than electing her to office...........so perhaps you're counting your chickens before they hatch :p

13. APlotdevice, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Let's face it: the average politician on either side is more interested in serving their campaign donators than the American people. The system as a whole is broken.

Still, where the Republican party tends to lose me is in how so many of its members rely, or at least pretend to rely, on the word of a millennia old fantasy novel.

14. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The "fill-in" is being handed a turd sandwich so that seat will probably be lost anyway.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Really?

And why would you call them a coward, especially with compared to the following (pulled from this post):

Plus Nixon, who resigned so he wouldn't face his music, and Scooter Libby, who would out a CIA operative, get rightfully convicted of it, and then immediately pardoned of it without any retribution, and you want to say that this Blue is a coward?

Either you don't have the bloodiest idea of what you are talking about, or your definition of a coward leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

Oh.. then I guess Trent Lott is also a coward to, for facing retribution after supporting Strom Thurmond's Presidential bid, based on segregationist ideals.

All of the people mentioned, BTW, are Reds.

BL.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

As opposed to the typical conservative buffoon? ;)

17. AustinIllini, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I assure you, while I have never voted for one, Republicans are not trying to destroy this country. I assure you, while I have never voted for one, Democrats are not trying to destroy this country.

18. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

19. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Have you not seen what they vote for? Your assurance isn't very reassuring.

20. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

21. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Hey, I keep my house really warm! :D