Coal Miners who voted for Trump thrown under the bus.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Apr 27, 2017.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

It looks like more and more that Pension and Health protections for the coal miners will not be renewed, at least by this weekend.

Despite a month of lobbying it sounds like there is no effort to save the CM Pension fund (note a Democrat is leading the funding effort)
    Now "West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin (D) said Wednesday that President Donald Trump has agreed to urge Congress to preserve health care benefits for retired coal workers in the short-term budget bill up for a vote this week", but that is only a stop gap and no permanent fix is likely.

And added irony is the ACA/ObamaCare has added benefits for coal miners, that will be gone if ACA is repealed or even defunded.
    Keep in mind Trump's efforts have been much more Pro-Business (such at rescinding Obama EO on environment EO that impacted coal mines, but not miners themselves), and his vowed plans directly target those protections.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Unless you are a wealthy donor everyone you vote for will eventually throw you under the bus in one way or another.

3. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Hummm.
    If the person you vote for does not win, how could they toss you under the bus? :D

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Still you'd be better off with a Democrat in the White House.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I was doing much better under Bush than I did under Obama. These types of generalizations are never accurate. I think because there is virtually no difference between the DEMS And the REPUBS. No matter which party is in office the people get blasted in the ass. It's one big ass blast. Unless you are at the very top or the very bottom you get an ass blast.

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

says you. :D

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Oh, they'll find a way.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes trump said the same thing as he cashed in on housing foreclosures.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I scored big on a housing foreclosure. Some low life left the house. I bought it for $32,000. I put about $30,000 worth of repairs into it, and sold it 5 years later for $148,000. Cha-ching. $80,000 profit.

10. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Literately :D

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's actually quite difficult to throw somebody under the bus.

First, you've got to somehow lure or transport them someplace where buses are passing by. They will very likely struggle or become suspicious. Then, you've got to have excellent timing. Throw them too early - and your victim will likely get up and run away. Or the bus driver will selfishly slam on his brakes - further increasing the odds that your victim will escape. Throw them too late - and chances are they will bounce off the side of the bus. They may be injured - but not as badly as actually going under a passing bus. Which brings me to the last problem: You've got to pick a bus that has the correct ground clearance.

My recommendation: It's much easier just to throw someone to the wolves. Provided you have access, as so many of us do, to an actual pack of wolves.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Like wolves would want to eat coal miners. All that toxic blood and meat.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

What's interesting is that the coal miners put more faith in a conman's fantasy talk, than the woman candidate who gave them hard to swallow straight talk, would have fought harder for good health care, and support for future job training. :oops:

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

lmao, no .

15. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

This is just how politics are played, you try to find the voters that the other party is trying to disenfranchise, then you make them empty promises, and when the rubber meets the road, you tho them under the bus, because they had no one to vote for, but you.

If the White Nationalist are thrown under the bus by Trump, will anyone, but them, care?

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

never change I know one day you think the toad will turn into prince.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

What a shame since Trump just brought back a MASSIVE amount of coal mining JOBS JOBS JOBS. 70-100 in PA!!

18. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

did you mean goat into a princes??? yes I keep trying..............:eek:

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

You think trump may turn into a princes? That's just weird.

20. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

"Future job training" is the biggest load of baloney, and you know it. Most coal miners are of average to below average intelligence with a median age of 43 so the chances of any meaningful number of them being retrained into computer programmers, doctors or engineers are pretty much nil.

21. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Didn't prove so much the 8 previous years, and I doubt Clinton would have change that.

22. poloponies macrumors 68030

Damn lamestream media is ignoring the most important part of this story. Trump traveled back in time to September 2016 and told Corsa Coal to start the project. He is truly the chosen one.

https://www.worldcoal.com/coal/08032017/corsa-coal-announces-financial-results-for-4q16/

• In September 2016, Corsa commenced development work at the Acosta Deep Mine in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, which is forecasted to produce 400 000 tpy of low volatile metallurgical coal once fully operational. Coal production at the mine is anticipated to begin in the second quarter of 2017 and ramp up over the course of 2017.

23. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

But on the other hand, their level of intellect makes them viable Republican Presidential Candidates!

They don't need to understand science or graduate high school. They just need to understand that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese! And that Billy Bob Bubba Bo-bob Thornton will win NASCAR next year because God has willed it.

24. poloponies, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

poloponies macrumors 68030

Because those are clearly the only options? I was in Germany a couple of years ago and as we were walking through a smaller-ish town we ran into a group of (somewhat loud) American men heading to a bar. They were from Arkansas and were in Germany to install windmills for an American company. Not a computer programmer or doctor in the bunch.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2017 ---
    $80,000 in five years! You are rollin' in it, bad hombre! Has Trump invited you to Mar a Lago yet, seeing as how you're both real estate tycoons 'n' all.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I agree that obama didn't achieve a huge amount. Though still more than Trump who has done literally nothing of any value so far (apart from appointing a judge and damaging the reputation of conservatives).