cocoa

kungfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
does anyone have any idea when a new version of the developer tools will be released (v2.0)? i'm a freshman in high school learning cocoa, and i think its great, but project builder needs some fixes.

if you want to see a fun little program i made, goto http://www.geocities.com/kungfuflip/ ... this program will make you laugh!

kungfu

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Just curious...

...but what do you find that needs fixing in ProjectBuilder? I have had few troubles with it.

Matthew

kungfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
there's just a bunch of annoying little things that are pestering me... in general though, its a really solid app.

spinner

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2002
South Dakota
I was wondering...

...if you guys could suggest a book or other resource on learning to program in cocoa. I have been thinking about trying to learn and I am looking for a good place to start. I have done basic C++ and VB along with a little HTML, so I am not totally new to programming (although it has been a couple of years ;) )

kungfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
actually, i have that book and i think it's horrible (which is unusual for o'reilly). i suggest getting "cocoa programming for mac os x", it has a brown cover, i forget the publisher though.

kungfu