Coconut battery seems to give me an interesting bit of info

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rapicell, Mar 22, 2014.

1. rapicell macrumors regular

Alright, I'm currently using a mid-2012 15'' MacBook Pro that I bought used off of an ebay seller. Said seller claims they bought it in december of 2012 and the expanded warranty runs out jan 2016. What I'm really confused about is coconut battery claims this laptop was made in jan 2013 and the battery was made in november of 2012.

I don't know how coconut battery gets its information, but I'm having some very confusing time frames going on here. Any ideas?

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Maybe the seller was off by a month as to when he bought the computer? January 2016 would make the purchase date of the computer in January 2013. AppleCare doesn't expire 3 years from the day you register the Mac.

Wherever it gets the info, it's accurate. Mine says my computer was made July 2, 2012, which is pretty much spot-on, the battery was manufactured 2 weeks before

3. Ann P, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014

Ann P macrumors 68020

Coconut battery seems to give me an interesting bit of info

So the battery was made before the computer, and seller was off by a month. What's the big deal? Sounds accurate as your warranty ends Jan 2016.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I wouldn't worry about it the details like that - enjoy your laptop and don't worry about the battery. I find the Coconut app gives people more angst then its worth