Colin Powell Endorses Hillary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 25, 2016.

1. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Looking for that sweet cabinet position. RINO acting once again in his own self interest.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

neocons supporting hillary, say it ain't so

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Probably has nothing to with Trump not giving anyone outside of middle aged white men who long for the time when the middle class was made up of them sitting next to punch presses for 8hrs a day a reason to vote for him.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

How cute. I didn't realize Trump didn't have any non-white voters.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

There's Jorge, but he's got this weird existential self-hate thing going on at the moment.

6. zin macrumors 6502

I'm confused. All of the liberals decried Powell as a war criminal when he went before the American people and the UN and deceived many with his claims of WMD in Iraq. Now his endorsement is a good thing because he's supporting Hillary? Help me out!

7. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

And this is the current state of things. :/

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He said his hail Obamas in 2008 and 2012. Now he's working on his hail Hillarys. Sins atoned.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Okay...I will help you out:

A horrible bully came along, grabbed the bags of red and blue marbles, spilled them all over the ground and all the blue and red marbles are all mixed up now. Some blues are on the right side, some reds are on the left and none of it makes sense anymore.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Cute analogy. What was the excuse in '08 when he supported Obama?

11. zin macrumors 6502

That doesn't explain why the blue marbles are comfortable with one of the warmongering red marbles endorsing their candidate. In fact, it's not just one. It's many.

12. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Like most endorsements this election cycle, nobody really cares.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Don't be confused. The same answer that applied to Glenn Beck applies here as well ...

No leftie likes Glenn Beck Colin Powell. We just appreciate all of the righties who've run away from Trump because he is literally a dumpster fire, fueled by toxic waste, human feces, and rat entrails.

Literally.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm comfortable with anyone who values stability over chaos. Who values knowledge over a lack of it. As I have said here many times, if Trump were running as a blue, I'd vote red.

You really need to get your head out of the party mindset. That is not what this election is about. At all. Trump is so bad and so unpresidential that he blurs all the lines.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

To say it in even better terms:

There comes a time when you have to decide between your own morals, integrity, and character, versus sacrificing them to tow the party line "just because <insert political party here>". If If you are willing to do that either just from blind hatred of the opposite party, their candidate, or their platform without asking yourself the real questions, then you really have let others wonder this about you:

How much of a price do you put on your morals, integrity, and character? Are you willing to sell those out so easily?

So far, we have seen the following do as such:

Ted Cruz.
    Marco Rubio.
    Rudolph Giuliani.
    Michele Bachmann.
    Sarah Palin.
    Joe Heck.
    Roy Blunt.
    Donald Rumsfeld.

And this is just a short list. The rhetoric that Cruz was using, contrasted with that picture in Trump's campaign office making phone calls supporting Trump is the epitome of what happens when you sell out your values, integrity, and character. At least Bush (GHWB, Barbara, Jeb, Laura, Jenna, not sure on GWB), Rice, and Powell had the balls to question their conscience and see if those three traits were worth giving up for the floundering sanctity of their party, and realized that they weren't. In short, they stood by their convictions.

If you aren't willing to stand up for what you believe in - not what you rail against, but what you truly believe in - then, dare I say it: you really hold your character, integrity, and morals in such very low regard, and really need to take a long, cold, hard look at yourselves.

BL.

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

That last sentence, kinda makes me want to be like Bill when I'm 70.

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You lot only have to hold your noses, the rest of us have to hold our breath. This is a contest between the uneatable and the inedible. Do the slightly less wrong thing. Please.

19. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Is candidate on major 2016 party ticket? Yes? Is it Trump? No? Good, gets my vote.

Trump is a complete narcissist, had no feasible plan past "I will fix this" (which Congress will promptly dismiss), is unaware of how government works, unschooled in foreign affairs and certainly in protocol, unstable, unsuitably and publicly fond of every dictator now in office that he's ever heard of, dismissive of the efforts and achievements of people who live and work in our cities and towns, spouts negative remarks on our military and intelligence, on professional journalists and in fact on anyone who looks crosseyed at him. And at three am on social media for God's sake. Why would I vote for him under any circumstance. Clinton's competent and prepared for the job, so I'm willing to help hire her for the job. Trump... never.

20. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

Who cares? It's Trump. WYSIWYG. Clinton is supposed to be better than that.

21. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

And clearly she is.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

With Trump, the more we see, the worse it gets.

23. zin macrumors 6502

Colin Powell values stability over chaos? Have you seen the Middle East?

For the record, you were the one who brought political parties into the discussion with your marbles analogy. I made it very clear warmongering isn't bound by party.

24. Zenithal macrumors 603

Be in good health and a choice to a variety of ED pills. Bon apetit.