College Drinking Games Lead to Higher Blood Alcohol Levels

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

In other news, the pope has officially declared his religion to be Catholocism, the color of the sky has been confirmed as blue, and I've just recieved word that frog's asses are indeed watertight.

Back to you.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I want to see the methodology of this study in more detail, because that's just crazy talk.
    Number of non-themed frat parties from now on: 0.

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I recall a day from early in my freshman year of college. I was sitting in the computer lab in the basement of my dorm along with a friend. We were both working on taking this online alcohol education course required by our school. One of the interactive exercises involved entering in a hypothetical number of drinks over some time span so that the program could calculate your likely BAC. My friend used his drink counts from the night before as the hypothetical and when he got his results, he turned to me: "Dude, this thing says my BAC was .4 and I should be dead," he said, with a laugh.

A lot of college students are really dumb about their drinking habits.

5. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Ah, that explains why the study was conducted.

"Dude, I'll bet we can get into some seriously awesome parties as 'researchers'!"

They went to 66 parties over 3 semesters? Rock on. Not sure I like the ratio there, though.

Of course they do. Next they'll want to check out how Spring Break impacts drinking habits. These guys are indeed geniuses.

7. adrake86 macrumors regular

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It amazes me how much time and money is wasted on crap like this.

The other day in the paper was an article with the exact headline "Autopsy indicates teen in prison hanged himself"

OK....the guy's hanging from the ceiling. With something tied around his neck. And perhaps a chair, table or something else to stand on knocked down under him. HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK HE DIED????????

9. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

NSS

No S**t Sherlock

I need to find a way to get a stupid study funded and parlay that into a lifetime of government grant money...

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well, you gotta make sure he wasn't murdered. That's actually a valid exam. If your kid died in prison, wouldn't you want to know for sure that it wasn't a murder?

Plus it's CYA for the State, and quite possibly required in a situation like that.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Good point, but he was in a single person cell at a transfer prison before being sent to the big house. I'd say the chances of murder there are very slim

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Probably. But a guard could get in there. For protection against future lawsuits, if nothing else, I can see wanting an autopsy done.

An autopsy will tell you if there are injuries not consistent with self-inflicted hanging. A visual examination of the scene wouldn't.

13. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Dog Bites Man. Whoops dee doo.

Probably just a slow day at the office.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No kidding. Man who did this "research" Captain Obvious?