College Professor Fired (Sandy Hook Truther)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

There seems to be several things going on here -

1) teacher who uses position for his own agenda
    2) harassment of a family
    3) moral clause if any with position held
    4) mobilizing individuals to commit an illegal act (group harassment of an individual or group)
    and the list goes on.

While item one bothers me to no end as this has become more and more common on campuses, I think that two through
    four and perhaps other unmentioned issues are closer to what the real problem is about. Candidly, if this person did harass the family and cause greater grief, then suspension or termination seems like a proper response by the college. I am all for exchanges of ideas but the bully mentality needs to stop. Just my two cents.

3. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

This man should not have only been fired he should have been imprisoned if allegations are true, harassing a family whose child has been killed and claiming it was a conspiracy is about as evil as it gets.

These types of people are as dangerous as the killers themselves.

4. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Hm. Tricky situation. Whilst all conspiracy theories cannot be blanket tarred and feathered, not all can be accepted. Similarly, due to the existence of valid conspiracy theories, upon encountering one, one needs to tread very carefully and evaluate all sides of the argument. Accepting the hypothesis - and stifling any automatic resentment - that it was an 'inside job', then the accused insiders are doubtlessly powerful enough to counter the charge that would reveal them and hence protect their operation. All media sources in the present day are sources of social manipulation, also known as conditioning and more bluntly, brainwashing. Civilian opinions can be directed to your favour quite easily, in this case producing the vast number of anti-conspiracy theorists, who, without batting an eyelid, will instantly denounce a conspiracy theory and produce unlimited "proofs" as to why. To prove that the "proofs" are not produced by the 'insiders' is the necessity.

5. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

You do James Joyce proud.

6. Limey77 macrumors regular

Not a tricky situation at all. This professor is an embarrassment and most likely unhinged.

Your seeming support of whacko conspiracy theories does nothing good for either you or him.

7. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

Thank you for your opinion. As for me, I am neutral, but I am open-minded.

8. phrehdd, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015

phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Open minded to what -

People in a teaching role exploiting the position to further their own agenda?
    People in a teaching role that rally others to do acts that are legally suspect and include harassment?

The issue is not what the teacher believes but the abuse of position and actions that followed. Be open minded all
    you want to the teacher's beliefs but please don't excuse the behavior given there are so many other meaningful ways
    and paths to sharing said beliefs.