College Students used to get 100$ off macbooks, now its 50$, wtf?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

that just kind of suck, i know they are very generous in giving us a discount, but that just kinda sucks that they took $50 dollars off the price\
    Now Im stuck, wait 2 weeks and get 190 off with my friends employee discount or get it tomorrow and get 50 off...hmmm
    Do you guys agree?

2. John585 macrumors member

I bought a low-end macbook last month and had it replaced on the 29th. My 14 day return ended on the 13. When I looked at my receipt it says under Individual Educator: $20.90 wasn't I suppose to get $100 off since I'm a student? I also got a free I ipod touch with it and got the $209 rebate.

3. cshale210 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

it's 100 for the high end mb aluminum. I called apple they issued me a $100 credit. But low end MacBook aluminum was zero when I checked. I think this is a glitch

4. unwinded macrumors regular

College students also used to be able to get iPod discounts... Maybe Amazon will have a rebate like they do with the previous models. And free shipping+ no sales tax. That would make up for the other $50!

5. ll PiStoNs ll thread starter macrumors regular

does the apple store online have no sales tax?

6. illidian macrumors 6502

Online stores do not assess sales tax unless they have a physical location in your home state.

Apple has stores in all fifty states, so you're going to get taxed whether you go in-store on online.

7. ll PiStoNs ll thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thank you. i also just realized that my friend can not get me the free printer if he uses his employee discount, so that sucks, i guess im just gonna get the macbook tomorrow + printer + north face laptop backpack = like 1500
    cant wait

8. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Unless you live in a state that has none :)

9. macindork macrumors member

I actually dug out an old receipt of an iBook i had purchased back in 2005...indeed not only was it $999 before rebate and tax (yeah, apple did have a sub-$1000 notebook before today) but they only offered a $50 rebate on it.