Collusion may be the least of Trump's problems

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Dec 3, 2018.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

From CNBC
    I can't imagine there's an attorney on this planet that wouldn't tell him to stop tweeting about this. We're not just talking about collusion any more, this is potential witness tampering and obstruction of justice. If Trump goes down for this, it will be entirely his own fault.

2. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

Trump gonna be Trump... LOL

It gives the media something to put on the air and be "outraged" about, and make mad profits from ad revenue, so it's just his way of helping the economy... :)

3. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Not to mention that ad revenue he probably brings in for Twitter. If he's gonna go down, he's gonna make people rich while doing it. :D

4. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

5. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

6. zin macrumors 6502

The narrative is slowly shifting to obstruction since it's becoming clear Mueller's found nothing on collusion.

7. RichardMZhlubb, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018

RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Hey, remember when the Republican Party claimed to be the party of law and order? Now, the head of the party commits felonies in broad daylight and none of his supporters care.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 3, 2018 ---
    It can be both. Mueller’s biggest problem right now is trying to finalize his report when Trump refuses to stop committing crimes.

8. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Sounds like they probably have a solid case on both fronts. What's shifting is the Republicans' interpretation of these things, they first denied them, now that it seems like Mueller's case is being made they question the legality of the charges instead.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG]

10. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

The Forum’s Trump apologists are really stretching to grab the brass ring. Just don’t hurt yourselves falling off your steeds. :)

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Obstruction has always been on the table. Why do you think it's shifting? Or better yet - why do you think it's one or the other.

It's becoming clear Mueller's found nothing on collusion? How do you figure? What's your evidence of that?

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It's not become clear at all. One, both or neither could be true, and we certainly aren't further away from collusion than we were when we started.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I mean I'm all for letting the chips fall where they may, I really don't care what happens to Trump. Jr already pretty much confessed to attempt to collude by setting up the meeting with the Russian national to get "dirt" on Hillary. Credit him for being forthcoming but it doesn't change the fact that he was willing to play ball.

14. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

We've had pretty clear evidence of collusion since Don Jr. released his emails about meeting with a "Russian government attorney" with "very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump..." and 45 lied to cover it up.

15. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

This is typical of how Trumpsters in PRSI cope with the outright lawlessness of their hero. Trump does something, like a public display of witness tampering, but they criticize the media for the ensuing, totally justified outrage. It's not that Trump did anything wrong, the media was wrong to point it out.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm really hoping Trump goes down, but there has to be something criminal that torpedoes him. When Mueller's report comes out it will no doubt be politically annihilating, but whether there's anything to criminally nail him to a wall may very well be iffy.

When the report comes out I'm certain those who are staunch opponents of Trump will be foaming at the mouth, but understand that this report is essentially one side of the argument. It's like a prosecutor putting on his case with zero cross or defense present. If you give an average US prosecutor unlimited resources and time he/she could make the Pope out to be a sex trafficker. With that said if the report doesn't satisfy the left they will scream the investigation was tainted, if the report nails Trump to a wall his supporters will continue to scream witch hunt and that there is no proof a single vote was switched. For those of us who don't have a dog in the fight or any biases we'll just sit back with the popcorn and get entertained for the next 6-9mos.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

omg, they are acting like the democrats overlooking Hillary.............. how DARE they.......:mad:

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Whether something gets pinned to Trump or not - Trump will still call it a witch hunt. Say that he was framed (or a variant) and his base will continue to believe his lies. He has been committed assaults on our democracy in front of their eyes on almost a daily basis. And they (his base) do not care. Trump will always play the victim card. Years from now, he will continue to play the victim card. Mueller investigation or not - the man is morally and ethically corrupt.

I'm not sure Dems will call foul or that the investigation was tainted. But perhaps you're right. We see things like Trump's recent tweets which can be construed as obstruction which may never be questioned. So for that reason, I can see those who oppose Trump angered and continued to be angered. But for me, I have always said I would accept Mueller's investigation and the outcome. Even if I do disagree with the outcome.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 5, 2018 ---
    Have you started charging her rent?

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

no need to pay rent at GITMO;)

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Trumps going to be Trump and his supporters are sheep who will follow him down the rabbit hole blindly. Why anyone bothers to try and make them see different is beyond me. Which isn't that different from the democratic party, Clinton, and his supports defending him or ignoring A LOT.

As far as his obstruction, charge him. Just be prepared for those to argue the precedent was set when Clinton was impeached but not convicted.

21. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

No comparison to collaborating with a hostile foreign government to influence an election and relaxing your party's platform and your country's policy toward that government in order to facilitate a business deal you've been trying to make for years.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

oh you mean like getting Millions from Russia to get Uranium?

23. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

You are well aware that claim is a debunked conspiracy theory. Please stop purposely posting misinformation.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yeah, Putin loves to donate millions into foundations w/o getting anything in return for it..........:rolleyes: