Color does not show some of the footage, but another instead

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spinnerlys, Sep 21, 2008.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello.

I'm currently working on a short film using Final Cut Pro 6 and Color.

As I have edited quite a bit, I wanted to colour correct some footage as a test.

I send the sequence to Color, it opens.

The sequence is shown in Color's timeline, every clip seems to be exactly as in my FCP timeline.

But on the preview monitor (Scopes window) another footage is shown, one clip out of three. It is out of the project, but not used in the sequence I exported.

When I render and send it back (having only corrected the right footage) to FCP, the footage is correct again.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Has your original FCP sequence been properly prepared for Color? No speed changes, no freeze frames, 'Color friendly' codec, etc.

Lethal

3. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

It is all DV material, but the speed was changed on some.

As it appears, the clips with speed reduction are not shown, but the clip with a speed increase can be seen in the preview monitor.

Shall I render (export to file or so) the clips with the speed reduction and reinsert them? )
    I should at least do it with the ones that were made faster, as Color renders the whole clip before it was even speed up.

Btw., what is a Color friendly codec?

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

1) Yes

2) ProRes... do everything in ProRes.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I know it's 300 pages long, but the Color manual is an invaluable read because there are a lot of pot holes working with Color and the manual touches on nearly all of them (less nice people would say the app is barely usable in a professional setting). I assume you are working w/interlaced footage since you are working w/DV so you probably want to give this tutorial a read and, IIRC, don't use the Geometry Room to reframe any shots because that will screw up interlaced footage as well.

Lethal