Color of Parent material for back of 3G is black?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BrokenE, Oct 13, 2008.

1. BrokenE macrumors regular

I guess most of us covet our little iphones like smeagal and his ring, so i think it's interesting when someone has a "crash" story if you will.

So, my friends brother has a white 3g and supposedly has been naked since launch. He is now finding that where he lays his phone down, and hence gets scratches, the plastic has discolored and base material looks to be black. Can anyone confirm this? If true, then this sucks for me as I wanted black but had to get white due to availability issue....:(

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Can you take a picture of your friend's brother's iPhone and post it here?

I don't know how will other people "confirm" the issue you're talking about, since none of us really want to scratch the back of the phone (of course) unless something unexpected really happened.

3. jdmstar macrumors member

I have a white iphone and have NO SCRATCHES and its naked i lay it down only on one spot and its on my desk with the micro fiber cloth, and the only time its no there its in my hip case.

Um i think the black spots you are referring to is the speaker holes and the docking hole, i have them too and it sbecuase wheni grab the phone i lift it one side up and grab it fromt he bottom

Andi guess the residue from the finger tips normally get stuck there but once a week with a q tip does the trick, im investing in a switch easy soon though. So itll prevent this from happening again.