Color Rendition on Antiglare screens...vs old alu matte screens?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cloud9, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Cloud9 macrumors regular

I have a 15" 2.4ghz SR macbook pro. I am thinking of upgrading to a 17" unibody with antiglare screen. My hope is that it will be more useful for mobile editing then my current screen is. No matter how much I calibrate with my heuy pro, I cannot get the colors on my 15" SR MBP to match my calibrated 23" matte cinema display. I took a look at the anti glare screens at on the new 17", and the color rendition is good, but unfortunately I do not have a way to calibrate and compare in the store. I would appreciate hearing anybodies experience and knowledge about the color rendition on the antiglare screens of the 17" unibody.

I was surprised though that the colors were richer on the antiglare screen then on the glossy. My expectation was the opposite based on everything I have read on the net about glossy vs anti-glare. What I did do, was place the screens side by side and set them both on (adobe rgb 1998), and (generic rgb 1998) and compared them on the same settings. After comparing them in this was, the anti glare appeared richer and and less washed out. Though with out doing, and leaving them on the profiles assigned to them as they were sitting on the table, the glossy was a touch warmer and richer. If anyone could comment on this also that would be neat.

2. Cloud9 thread starter macrumors regular