Color Swap in Apple Store - Do you have to wait in line?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KittyKatta, Oct 28, 2012.

1. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Has anyone ever done a color swap at the Apple Store?

My Black iPad Mini is preparing for shipment so it will arrive 11/2 but now I want White. If I go to the Apple Store then do I have to wait in line for a color swap? If this is how it works then its a good way to bypass the two week delivery delay since local stores tend to have better inventory than online.

Also, I purchased with my Discover card for 5% Cash Back on online purchases so Im curious if they do a return/rebuy (which makes me ineligible since its no longer a Discover online purchase) or if they just do an exchange (which doesnt indicate to Discover that anything happened).

Thanks.

2. cyrways macrumors member

Generally from what I've read online purchases and store purchases are considered two separates entities when it comes to returns and such. Warranty care is different of course.

Also discover is 5% on online shopping/department stores, idk if the mall counts for that or the physical apple store. :confused:

3. tl01 macrumors 65816

They would only do a swap if they have available inventory and you'd have to wait in the line.