Colorado Democrat resigns after lobbyist claims he "exposed" himself

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Naimfan, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Rather the talk of the town in Denver. A state representative was accused of exposing himself to a female lobbyist in a bar near the Capitol. Link to Denver Post.

Mr. Garcia resigned and issued a statement through his attorneys in which he claimed incident was "consensual."

Notably, Garcia did not deny the charge, which has led many to believe the story. A sad, though apparently self-inflicted, end to a legislator.

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Kind of disappointing that he fessed up and resigned. We could have had a new meme to replace "wide stance" if he'd acted accordingly.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ahaa, thats all I think of now when I go to a public bathroom now. Is my stance to wide.:p And never ask for TP.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Did he expose himself as a closet republican?

5. Naimfan thread starter macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Nope, only as the egomaniac he truly is. . . which makes his resignation all the more shocking to me, which in turn convinces me the "allegation" is true. Otherwise, he never would have resigned.

As you can imagine, there is a LOT of "blame the victim" and a lot racist talk going on.