Colorado Mayor Who Put Ten Commandments Monument Outside City Hall Arrested for Shoplifting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 8, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

got to love how someone fights for gods commandments and breaks them himself. spent 65,000 of taxpayer money to display them too.
    http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...t-outside-city-hall-arrested-for-shoplifting/

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

How do we know this wasn't a set-up conducted by Michael Moore in conjunction with the unions and the evil liberal candy bar and map lobbies? ;)

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

cause it was only candy. though shall not steal candy.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Has he offered any excuses? Like he was diabetic or mental relapse? I look forward to those

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

If it was restricted to the candy bars, I would assume that he is in the habit of hiding his sugar addiction from his wife. But, the maps?!?! That one will be difficult.

In any case, although he will now become a laughing stock, it is an established scientific fact that we are all hypocrites at some level.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

8. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

When you try to force the 10 commandments on people you better be following them.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You could always ask him, "Is that a candy bar in your pocket, or are you just happy to accept Jesus as your lord and savior?"

10. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Perhaps the monument was just a daily reminder to himself?

Same way a fat person sticks a Post-It note on the fridge door: "NO SNACKING, FATTY!!!" :)

It's not for everyone else. It's for them.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

He was on his way to play footsie with Larry Craig and then finish with a sugar rush.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Well, his heart is in the right place (The Ten Commandments) but he suffers fron human flaws. Pray for him.

13. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

That isn't sound Christian theology - we (Christians) don't believe that we are able to keep the 10 commands thus the need for Jesus Christ and his redemptive work.

Although this incident is unfortunate and to those who do not believe could be "turned off" by such actions as they appear to be hypercritical. These actions follow the normal course of human exist and human tendency. Thus, the need once again for the grace of God.

I hope you understand because someone may support / fight for something that doesn't make them except from committing that which they so strongly stand for. Absolute truth is still truth - in spite our actions.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Huh, and thou shall not steal is one of only two or three commandments that isn't complete bull ****.

15. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

so in short if a preacher is up there telling everyone they are going to hell if they don't stop sinning and repent. but then they go and do that sin themselves they ask to be forgiven. is that about it?

16. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Well there are a lot of flavors of Christian theology - so that not necessary an easy answer because of the disparity of thought amongst Christians. If I answer your questions from my perspective I would say to your question... "you missed it". But some may affirm some of your statements - I would not.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Absolute truth is not within our grasp, hence the idea of God fills in the blanks for some perplexed minds. Others are content to wait for the big surprise without fantasizing about it. :)