Colorado teen admits killing woman who broke up with him

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 17, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-colorado-teen-admits-killing-woman-who-broke-up-with-him/
    niece dealt with an ex that had to get the cops involved, thank God my daughters Ex was a nice kid & didn't go full retard because she ended it.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If we drone strike all the male bodied humans, we could get rid of our "masculinity problem."

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I don't think it's a problem with masculinity, so much as a complete failure to cope with complex, conflicting emotions in a mature, and, most importantly, sane manner.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I actually think that was sarcasm. "Toxic masculinity" is a silly feminist euphemism. I don't really expect it from him, especially given that crazy exes come in all types.

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You're probably right. NT is usually pretty on the level about stuff.

But I won't risk it! I gotta take everything everyone says on the internet seriously, cuz Poe's Law and all.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's exactly what toxic masculinity means.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Depends on if he shot his ex because he's a MAHN, and that's what MAHNS do or not.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Women also kill ex boyfriends/husbands at times. When this happens, people often question the woman's mental state at the time. What makes it different with men? You're describing a psychological issue, yet you're using feminist euphemisms to do it. Don't fall for their nonsense.

11. Scepticalscribe, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Would you prefer 'male entitlement' to 'toxic masculinity'?

Yes, 'women also kill ex boyfriends/husbands at times' but the numbers are far, far fewer.

By contrast, an astonishing number of women are killed, or stalked, or harassed by ex-partners, and whether you choose to call it 'toxic masculinity', or 'male entitlement', or a reluctance to accept that women with whom you have had a relationship have the right to agency and the right to end it, an unsettling number of guys seem to think that it is perfectly okay to slaughter a woman who has rejected them. And it is not 'nonsense' to point that out.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Too many people have no idea how to deal with rejection/failure in their lives.

13. boast macrumors 65816

boast

your sexism is pretty toxic too.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

The guy's clearly buggy as a bum's mattress--he's still talking about her in the present tense:

"because he is angry with her."​
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2016 ---
    Just guessing here, but I'll bet the women who abuse their male SOs are bigger, stronger, and/or more forceful personality wise than their menfolk.

In the reverse situation, women opt for the bad boys and wonder why those bad boys do bad things. When will they learn?

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I think that is a bit of a simplistic reading to put it down to 'women opting for bad boys'.

Characters - guys - who are possessive and controlling don't always appear - or present as such - early in a relationship. Instead, such individuals are often very charming and considerate early on.

However, women who have had positive male role models early in life - that is, the unconditional love and support of a father - tend to have enough confidence not to be quite so flattered by the attentions of 'bad boys'.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's crazy how up in arms people get over these simple facts isn't it? Well put sir.

Hyper-aggression, especially in response to rejection from a female, always seems to have come up in mass killings in the US. From Columbine to Dylan Roof, and now Orlando (an aggressive male clearly having issues facing his sexuality and lashing out because of it as he did with his ex wife). The one common thread that no one ever wants to talk about, these guys are always sexually frustrated in one way or another and clearly aren't happy with themselves.

17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Maybe, but it's a cliché that women go for the bad boys. And how does a cliché become a cliché?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2016 ---
    Cherchez la femme

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm not familiar with the term, can you elaborate?

19. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Look for the woman. It means when you get to the bottom of the problem, a woman will be there.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Jealous man kills women that rejected him is as old as human civilization.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That isn't really meaningful without data, but it's also not what I had hoped people would take away from my response. It has little to do with gendered score-keeping or the matrix of possible relationship types that might end in violence. Mentally stable people can handle a breakup without violence. Murder is a pretty extreme example of violence, and you are effectively dismissing its significance with terms such as 'entitlement' and 'toxic masculinity', neither of which would be employed by any licensed medical professional.

As I mentioned they're both feminist nonsense. Terms such as those are coined by people with either a poor knowledge of psychology and statistics or an extremely hypocritical outlook. Don't act like them.

22. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I saw him first :mad:

23. Scepticalscribe, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, quite a few of them hold retarded views on women, as well, and deny women the right to reject them.

Anyway, here it is time to mention Gavin de Becker's excellent work 'The Gift of Fear', also referenced by the online commentator on such matters, Dr Nerdlove.

This is a work which I have read, as it was put into my hands by a colleague when I was working abroad a few years ago, - and it makes the very salient point that much romantic fiction (in film as well as in literature) from the male perspective stresses persistence as a desirable male quality, and includes a fascinating chapter which discusses this. That women's resistance is to there be worn down, that if he hasn't won her it is because he hasn't wooed her hard enough, and that 'she doesn't really mean no when she days no'.

In essence, there are a lot of cultural messages which reinforce the idea that she is 'to be won' - almost as if she were a prize - and that her agency is almost irrelevant when put beside his desire and that once won, sometimes, the concept of perception of possession and ownership can become issues.

It is well known in women's aid circles that one of the most dangerous points in an abusive relationship is when the woman decides to end it. While many men accept this, far too many do not, and come to the conclusion that if they cannot have her, nobody else will.

24. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Is no doubt based on vast experience too.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ladies and gentleman, exhibit A.