ColorWare Launches iPhone 7 Plus Retro Edition With Vintage Mac Design for $1,899

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 16, 2017.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

If you're going to correct someone for their grammar, you should probably know how to use the word "literally" correctly. Just messing with you.

2. Talkto_chuck macrumors newbie

Talkto_chuck

Alllllllmost enough to make me buy an iPhone.
    But, I'll wait... For that Note 8 ;)

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I can appreciate your opinions, but it doesn't make it factual, because everyone is different and how they choose to spend their money is their priority. It's based on how the individual views the expense in their situation, Your influence isn't worth anything What they choose to do with a purchase.

4. BMcCoy macrumors 68000

BMcCoy

What about the person who chooses to send $20,000 to a Nigerian 'widow', as a release fee to assist in the transfer of $10,000,000 from the account of her dead King husband?!

Is that person a sucker, or just choosing how they spend their money?!?!

;-)
    (Note: I am clearly being sarcastically humourous..!)

5. atlas_0 Suspended

atlas_0

Your own argument deflates your argument. You want to rail against people who share their opinion that it's a waste of money, claiming their opinion doesn't matter, yet you want your argument validated so that your opinion is the rule to follow. It's ok for YOU to force your opinion on others, but if they share THEIR opinions, it's wrong/bad/doesn't count/isn't factual.

I, and most others in this thread, see the pricing as ridiculous and overpriced. Is anyone saying they shouldn't be allowed to charge that? Or that people shouldn't be allowed to spend their money on it? Absolutely not. But understand - you aren't the one who gets to decide whose opinion is valid. You're essentially arguing that those who disagree with the pricing should be silenced, while your opinion should stand - and that's not how it works.

The only reasoning I can think of behind you being so invested in this is that you're either A; a shill for colorware trying to save face for the company, or B; you're someone that's actually blown money on a colorware finish, and feel the need to justify it.

6. JohnApples macrumors 65816

If someone has to scrape up some spare change or divert money out of their strict budget to afford this- sure, they are a sucker. But if someone can comfortably afford a thousand dollar paint job on a phone that will be obsoleted in less than a year, then they clearly did something right. The real suckers are those who are debating the value of said paint job on an Apple rumors forum: us.

7. Defthand macrumors 65816

No SIM slot? Where’s the floppy drive?

8. arkhanjel macrumors regular

arkhanjel

Silicon case and some vinyl stickers and you've got that look for around 50 bucks. hahaha

9. nwcs macrumors 68000

nwcs

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think what it comes down to, is your being pedantic and convluting what I stated. Your original comparison for a $7.00 skin compared the actual process is where you struggle with ignorance, which now your implementing Strawman arguments, which your delections are short sighting anything I stated from the last three posts.

And No. You're incorrect on multiple levels. If you read through this thread, I even stated that other opinions matter and they have value, but it doesn't make somebody a sucker or a fool depending how they spend their money. That's just an entitlement of an opinion, but that's not me stepping on anybody. I can appreciate what one chooses to do with their money. I do agree it's expensive to spend this amount Of money to spend, but you labeling it "Asinine" isn't worth anything to the individual making the purchase, because they make the decision to justify their satisifactions. Colorware obviously exists for a reason, they have been around long enough to provide a positive experience for the customer and they stand behind their product, which I can appreciate.

Aside from where you're incorrect again is I do not operate under Colorware or have I made any purchases through them. My discussion in this thread has nothing to contribute to an "Investment", which is no different than you having triggered I'll-tempered responses based on your reasoning why you disagree with me, which your anecdotal points are just as valid as mine.

Obviously we won't agree on each other's points addresss, but I respect your opinion.

11. Larry The L Suspended

Oh please. What are you complaining about? If someone wants one of these and is willing to pay the price, what is wrong with that? I'm very sure you have some products that I feel aren't worth the price and that I would never buy. Is it OK for me to then call you a sucker? Sounds like you should be OK with that. And if you aren't a sucker, then you are at least very intolerant of the desires of others.

12. coolfactor macrumors 601

Apple has become boring with design. Very little fun and creativity. They're all about regurgitation. Let's hope that changes very soon.

13. thedog76 macrumors newbie

thedog76

14. shareef777 Suspended

shareef777

Regardless of who's money it is, it's still a bad idea. Buying the technology is understandable as that does bring value. If someone thinks there's 'value' (monetary or otherwise) in a $1k paintjob on a phone that will be outdated in 6mo, then I stand by my statement (or maybe they're just really vain).

15. WRChris macrumors 6502a

WRChris

Where the hell is this 7.00$ skin that looks identical, just a little added thickness?

There is no other product even remotely close to this and if wanting to buy this makes me a "sucker", so be it. I'm sure that person buys plenty of garbage, for way too much money, but wants to call others a sucker for wanting something he doesn't want or can't afford.

I can plasti dip a car for 500$ but it's not going to look remotely close to a 5000$ paint job.

In other words, you are 100% on the money.

16. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I get offended merely by the existence of high priced products because I think they're trying to trick a person like me. I don't understand that I'm not anywhere near the target market. Therefore... Crazy! Ridiculous! Anyone that buys that is stupid! Etc, etc.

17. WRChris macrumors 6502a

WRChris

It's a bad idea to buy something you want? You seem to think that your opinion means something to other people. Not everything is about monetary value, bro. Stand by your opinion, though. That's your right.

If your car needs a paint job but you can't recover the cost, if you sell, does that mean people are suckers for painting it anyway?

Monetary value does not equate to personal value. It may not be worth the money to you, but you can't call others suckers for wanting/buying it. Ok, you can, but it makes you look silly.

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I appreciate you're post. I think your post was intended to quote @atlas_0, being he was making a sweeping generalization regarding a $7.00 skin versus Colorware, which clearly He doesn't understand the differences and didn't research the products.

19. darth.sham macrumors newbie

darth.sham

God damn it! You just went and made my whole day with that witty little quip!

Well played sir...
    Well played!

20. joy.757 macrumors regular

I really like the look. Though it's quite expensive.

21. newyorkone macrumors 6502

newyorkone

The first 25 will include what? A certificate of stupidity...

22. ZipZap macrumors 603

Why are you trying so hard to defend the wasting of a thousand dollars?

Choosing to spend $1000 on painting an iPhone, does not change the fact that it is a waste of money. Even if you have the money to waste, its still a waste.

23. atlas_0 Suspended

atlas_0

Dude, get a grip. If you're legitimately that petty to harp on an opinion difference on the internet, then you truly have my pity.

I never said it was the same process - I said it gets the same effect. And for reference, dBrand skins are around $7. I believe Slickwraps are similar in price as well, but I'm far from up to date on all available iPhone skins, as I prefer the original, anodized aluminum.

Spending over $1000 on a paint job on a phone, in my opinion, is idiotic. Agree, disagree, I don't care. If you need the validation of getting the last word in an argument in the internet that badly, go for it. Same goes for if you'd prefer to count this as a "win" for yourself. You clearly need it more than I do.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Sage advice indeed:D Yet, you're still clarifying the same redundant, rehashed points you made for the past four posts. But deflecting away as you have on here isn't abnormal for you. I was just indicating that forum member quoted me, instead of you. Thanks for the discussion.

25. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

In order to truly be considered vintage though, the colour has to yellow as it ages.