Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ColorWare this week announced it has released a limited edition original iPhone skin for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

colorware-original-iphone-skin.jpg
Over 10 years ago, Apple debuted their revolutionary iPhone. This product changed everything for mobile phone owners. The bar of expectations was risen to a point that changed the market forever. ColorWare would like to pay homage to this historical event by offering our Limited Edition Original iPhone skin.
ColorWare says its single-piece matte skins are made with genuine 3M vinyl, allowing for easier installation and a better final look.

The skins are available for $19 each in the United States for a limited time only. They are estimated to ship in three to five business days.

Article Link: ColorWare's Latest Skin Makes an iPhone X Look Like Original iPhone

Bob Zimmerman

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2015
Does it have a blade mounted at the top? I can't tell you how many times I stuck my hand into my pocket and cut my fingertips on the headphone jack on my original iPhone.

Reactions: PimpDaddy

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I bought the dband too. Does you’d feel a little rough around the edges?

When I originally applied the skin, the edges were a little rough. I grabbed a hair dryer and smoothed the edges out via the included microfiber cloth. The edges are definitely more smooth now, so I would try the blow dry/microfiber cloth method again until it's less rough.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Reminds me of a pixel 2 panda. 'Cept reversed.
s-l300.jpg

I actually like the look of the two tone with the Google Pixel 2, but it just doesn’t interest me to apply a skin to the back of an iPhone, I would rather have it come from the factory looking like the Pixel 2.

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
I don’t really get how this make it look like the original iPhone when it doesn’t have a black bar on the back.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Not sure why all the hate. I actually think it looks pretty cool. Reminds me of the 5th gen where I did something similar.

IMG_68943-vi.jpg

I, personally, am a huge fan of skins. Don't like the bulk of cases, but like protection from scratches. Have been creating various skins since the 4th gen. Here's what I'm currently using on the X
1521306086196-vi.jpg

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
If I were into applying skins, I might go for one of their models, if it didn't require a hairdryer with hot air to apply.

This particular skin looks rather bland to me. I like the look of my iPhone X as it is.
Second on the above comment. Nothing should cover the original beauty of my gorgeous stunning radiant attention getter silver iPhone X and prevent it from attracting people attention to the best iPhone in the iPhone history up to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.