iPhone Colour filters bug in Camera and Photos in my iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Footballer70, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Footballer70 macrumors newbie

Today was the first day I was able to put my shiny new iPhone 6 through its paces by taking lots of pictures with filters, mostly Noir, which renders objects abstract and brings out texture and atmosphere. As usual, I downloaded the pictures into my Macbook Pro using iPhoto. To my disappointment, the filters were lost from all the pictures as well as other painstaking enhancements. So I ran a little experiment: I shot a series filter-on photos on my iPhone 6 and airdropped them to my iPhone 5S. Surprisingly, the pictures were realised as black-and-white. Then I downloaded the pics from my iPhone 5S into my MBP, again via iPhoto. Success! When I downloaded the same pics directly from the 6 - failure: the filters were gone. But the mystery continues: when I repeated the action - downloading filter-on photos from both phones, iPhoto on my MBP refused to recognise filters and pictures were all rendered in colour and without enhancements.

A real mystery. Please, let me know if you've experienced the same or if you've found a work-around. Thanks.

2. TheColtr macrumors regular

Same happened to me on my iPhone 5S back on iOS 7 it has something to do with non destructive editing. After air dropping them it saved the edits so Moving them to your computer after would have moved over the edited photo