Come on Canada lets vote Green Party!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by waloshin, Apr 16, 2011.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

List your reason why or why not to vote for the Green Party.

Personally I believe that Harper's government is fine the way it is. And I believe these internet smear campaigns and even the t.v campaigns are not going to make anyone vote out Harpers party, only people who are 18 would actually listen to that crap, and we all know that 90% of 18 years old's wont even vote anyways, or will vote for who their parents vote for.

2. Tower-Union macrumors 6502

Tower-Union

Because I like this country and I don't want to bankrupt it inside 6 weeks.

/Thread

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

No, no, no, I have something to add. ;)

Let's focus on getting rid of Harper first.

Strategic voting is the answer.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I can see several things wrong with the current regime so I disagree with you from the start. Enough people vote according to the state of the economy that we will probably head for another minority conservative govt if the libs/NDP/bloc cannot form a coalition. The NDP is too strong to give the greens a toehold except for a few ridings. I am voting on my candidates strengths, not party lines.

5. Love macrumors 68000

Love

1. A good government needs to take ALL of the country's concerns into account; not JUST the environment.
    2. They have almost ZERO experience. A few MPs? Sure, but I don't think they're ready to handle the country at a federal level.

That's not true, it's far from "fine the way it is."
    Harper and the Conservative Party have shown that they abuse their power at every opportunity. They're throwing away our money on companies that don't do **** all for Canada. They've got their priorities COMPLETELY wrong. Has the economy stayed strong? Yes. Is it because of Conservative leadership. Absolutely ****ing not. It's because of Liberal regulations that prevented banks and corporations from doing the stupid ******** that they wanted to. Harper has insisted on getting rid of these regulations numerous times, until the recession hit. Now the Cons. are taking all of the credit for 'saving the economy'.

Internet campaigns have been the key to various political changes around the world. Just this past October, Calgary elected an incredibly left-wing mayor. He also happened to be the candidate that spent the least on his campaign. He used social media and took advantage of the youth vote and got people caring. Hell, even look at Barack Obama in 2008. A good portion of his campaign was internet based and Your insinuation that Internet-based campaigning doesn't work is absolute ********. TV attack ads are indeed ridiculous, I'll give you that.

Additionally, I find your insinuation that youth voters are apathetic, mindless sheep that haven't a clue and only vote how their parents vote is 1) Completely incorrect; 2) a little infuriating and sort of makes me want to scream. This time around, we have been seeing youth participating in campaigns like no other time before. Increasingly, teens and university students have been going against what their parents believe in (primarily conservative ideals) and causing massive uprisings of left-wing support in various political campaigns. Your idea that youth voters are apathetic sheeple is absolutely, positively WRONG, and it disgusts me that you would have that little faith in your fellow Canadians.

I suggest you start doing research before starting new threads, or perhaps speaking in general. Your absolute inaccuracy in that post shows your lack of actual knowledge on the subject.