Coming back to iPhone-Advice appreciated!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djake80, Aug 27, 2014.

1. djake80 macrumors member

So I've owned the original iPhone, the 3Gs, and the 4s. I've always loved iPhones but 2 years ago I found I really needed a bigger screen than my 4S, so I sold it and picked up a Note 2 which I liked a bit. A year later I picked up the Note 3, and to be honest, I really don't like it. Sure it has the big screen but the reception for phone and data is pretty bad, even in my own home, and it's pretty glitchy.

Now I want to get an iPhone since they're getting bigger screens, but thought I'd ask for some advice here. I know the Note 4 will be coming out soon as well, so I'd like to sell my Note 3 now, but then I won't have a phone until the iPhone 6 comes out, so I was thinking about picking up a 4S in the meantime for about $100.

Any reason this would be a bad move? I could live with the smaller screen until I get the 6 but I would have to pay full price since I still have the Verizon Unlimited data plans.

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Nothing wrong with the iPhone 4s. It will be able to update to IOS 8 when released and at that price you can't go wrong. You will probably be able to sell it and recoup your cost after you purchase an iPhone 6.

3. 73b macrumors regular

73b

Personally I would just find some $10 phone that can text and wait the 3 weeks. But if you have a job or are in a position where a smartphone is needed then a 4S is a great choice! And also you could probably resell the 4S on eBay for close to or more than $100 to cover the cost.

4. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

That.... Or get a cheap flip phone from eBay to last you a few days. Do you have an iPad? If so it will make it more bearable.

Not that I am judging you. I sold my 5s for way more than its worth, and am using a lg g3 (which I got for a ridiculously cheap price) until the new iphones are out.

5. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Grab a brand new Nokia windows phone for about $60 for the next month or so. Try a new OS and more importantly, its a great music player and backup smartphone. This gives you time to properly decide what new iphone you want and if rumors are true, the 5.5" will come later in the year. Again, its a rumor but when you make a $600-$1000 investment, its nice to see all options.