Coming Down To The Wire With Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

As the herd thins, we're getting a clearer picture of the direction Republicans are taking in choosing a candidate. What are our thoughts on a viable candidate? Looks like Bush or Rubio are the most mainstream options and while Carson and Trump are good at appealing to the more extreme base of their party, do they have what it takes to win in the General Election?

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

doubt we are going to see a republican POTUS this 2016.

3. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

My .02 is if they put forth Carson or Trump that they'll get stomped in the General Election and hand the office to Hillary.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you kidding? Trump might win , America loves train wrecks & glorifying stupidity.

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I'd truly enjoy being wrong...

But it seems to me that the Clinton Dynasty has enough time to patch up the Royal Train that'll be taking the Wicked Woman to her Coronation.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How many more time do we need to hear this platitude? before you go posting your Crapdashian, Honey Boo-Boo, etc, crap, let's remember that these shows reach a few million viewers, at best.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I still have my doubts about if Carson or Trump have the ability to pull off a win in the primaries. I think if Bush drops out soon Rubio will get it. If the two of them end up fighting it out I could easily see no one getting enough delegates. Trump won't get enough support to win, but he'll likely get a few states. Carson or whoever the Evangelicals replace him with will end up similar to Trump, winning a few states, but not enough to win. If Rubio ends up being the only establishment option I think he will be able to pull together enough delegates to get the nomination past trump and Carson, however if he splits the establishment vote with Bush then neither of them will get enough to win.

If there isn't a clear winner by the convention then my guess is the nomination will go to someone not currently running. Possibly Paul Ryan as he has shown willingness to be dragged into jobs he doesn't want, was already the VP nominee last time around so he has some experience running that kind of campaign, and he seems to have at least some ability to appeal across the party. If that happens then my guess is whoever has the most delegates going into the convention will get the VP slot as part of the deal to get agreement on a nominee.

8. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

True, the same can be said for cable news, which is just a small fraction of viewers compared to the major mainstream networks. Once they choose a nominee, it's a completely different ballgame.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

funny that this thread was started. I was going to start another one based on an Op/Ed, but it's fitting here.

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/editorials/article43854816.html

BL.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

We are?

11. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Well, let's see what happens after tonight.

12. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I wonder if anyone will get stabbed tonight.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Someone should come in with a WWE-style poster sign saying "GOTCHA!" and hold it behind the moderator.

BL.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

What’s clear is how many lines in the sand have been made over this Repub or that Repub? Over how many months? Like the Blob, the Repubs KEEP ON COMING!!

His Hairness still draws lot of attention and fans - He gave NBC a boost last Saturday night. The great black one’s political income only increases the more he’s unfairly attacked by the Democratic media super-PAC. Cruz is a cruise missile, lucidly and effectively snatching the gauzy veil off of the attacks masquerading as questions coming from CNBC “moderators.”

15. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Expected. Sac Bee has always slanted leftist editorially. No mention of lies by Dems, except mention of Bill Clinton's lies about Monica Lewinsky. Really, they had to go back that far to find an example of lies by a Dem? Pathetic liberal claptrap.

16. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

At least the Republican crowd is young enough that several actually have the energy to stab each other. On the Democrat side, Hillary will probably hammer Bernie to the floor with her walker.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Pretty bold assertion here. Please source where they have "always slanted leftist editorially.

If you noticed, they gave the same opinion of the Blues as well. But I bet you didn't noticed that, opting instead to do nothing but attack the source.

BL.

18. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Please source where they criticize the Blues. Because it reads like a partisan hit piece from the DNC's super PAC (aka the mainstream media).

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Why, in the very link, of course:

BTW: You do realize that Fox News is "mainstream media", right?

[​IMG]

All of these are 'mainstream media'.

BTW: The Sacramento Bee is owned by McClatchy Newspapers, which has always has been moderate/centrist. If you bothered to do your research before spewing off drivel, you would have known that.

BL.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I usually think that any news outlet that doesn't align itself with my worldview 100% is somehow involved in a grand conspiracy to silence the truth I believe in.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I'm not thrilled that she is likely to receive the nomination, but pick better examples. Bringing up that she's married to Bill who lied about Monica Lewinsky would be ridiculously stupid and likely to backfire. I don't know why you would pick that.

22. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

What herd is thinning? None of them has dropped out since September.

23. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

My opinion based on years of reading that rag daily. The Bee's mention of the Blues was barely noticeable, being limited to an anecdote about Bill Clinton, out of office for decades, buried in a short paragraph toward the end of the article. Of course, no mention of any of Hillary's lies.

24. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

It is stupid. I picked that only because it was the only mention in the article about lies told by Dems. Blame the stupidity on the Bee, not me.

25. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I figured as much. A passing reference to a scandal that occurred nearly 20 years ago is not even handed. Why no mention of Hillary's lie about the video that supposedly caused the Benghazi attack? That lie is worse than anything the Republicans may have said..

The mainstream media wouldn't agree. They're terrified of Fox because Fox actually provide both sides of stories, not just the side the Democrat party wants heard.