Coming from a 3G, I find myself doing a lot more on my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omizzle, Jul 7, 2010.

1. omizzle macrumors regular

Partly because of how much faster the 4 is than the 3G. It used to be faster going to a computer and (considering I was close to one), but now that I have my iPhone 4, it has replaced quite a bit of that.

For example: I am posting from my
    iPhone haha

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I remember when I first got my 3G...maybe it was faster than it was a few days before I sold it, maybe it was just the "My first iPhone!!" excitement, but I would check email on it ALL THE TIME and it was perfect. Then I think its downfall came when I started to add more jailbroken crap to it, and it got substantially slower.

And to make this even better, my iP4 will be my first phone with data!! It's gonna be so awesome being able to do all my stuff (forums, apps that need internet) from anywhere :D

3. omizzle thread starter macrumors regular

How did you not have data?

Also, I'm waitin on a jailbreak for the 4 so I can get some apps :)

4. randomerratum macrumors 6502

Same here. I loved the he'll out of my 3G- I never jailbroke it but found myself using a computer to do most email checking an surfing because while the phone was certainly capable, it just didn't seem practical when I'm generally around computers all day anyway.

Now, the speed of my iP4 is on par with any computer when on wifi.. I'll find myself pulling my phone out and surfing happily while I'm sitting infront of a desktop anyway! The screen has suddenly made it a totally viable device for reading and things like multitasking make it so easy to do more with my iPhone then I ever would consider doing with my old trusty 3G.

I figured I'd drop my unlimited data since I rarely seem to break the 100MB mark, but with all the improvements, o find myself doing do much with it that I think I'll hold onto it for the time being.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Yeah, emails, facebook, twitter, ebay, paypal, banking, etc are a lot quicker to check on my phone then it is going to a computer. Nice waking up and grabbing my phone then to go over to the computer and waiting for it to start up.

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

T-Mobile prepaid cost me around $10 a month...but 1) that was just not enough. not enough calling and definitely not enough texting. 2) I want data 3) I want an iPhone 4 (see 4) 4) a non-contract iPhone 4 will probably end up costing me like $700, or about 9 months of 'real' service (with everything I want). and 5) (the most trivial reason) I don't want a jailbroken iPhone (slows it down too much, especially my old 3G), and I really just want to be on a normal AT&T iPhone plan, and be able to take it in for something without going through hell to restore it and all, and to be able to just have the normal iPhone stuff (update cycles, updating firmware without being scared that I would end up with an unusable phone, etc).

So yeah, I'm happy to fork up the cash for an iPhone plan.

7. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

8. omizzle thread starter macrumors regular

This might be it too haha

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Agreed. I liked the convenience of surfing the web on my 3G, but it was SOOO slow to load pages. I got used to looking at the checker pattern.

Now, with the iPhone 4 I hardly every see the checkers and it's almost as fast as my Macbook Pro for loading pages.

I use it a lot more now too. I love it.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Same here. Browsing on the iPhone 4 is so fast.

11. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Ditto here, also coming from a 3G. Interestingly enough, I also fin myself using my iPad less as well, although it still holds it's own for web browsing and videos. But the games I thought I'd enjoy on the iPad just aren't as much fun as those on the i4. The iPad is simply too big to hold comfortably by comparison. With the 3G, gaming performance suffered.