Coming to the end of my patience with O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redrog, Sep 7, 2009.

1. redrog macrumors 6502

redrog

Data has now been down twice nationally and I regularly struggle to get 3G even at the best of times. At the moment I am in South Manchester and can only get GPRS, which according to speed test is running at 0.00Mbps download and 0.00Mbps upload. If they can't get a decent signal here what hope for the rest of the country?

The whole point of the iPhone is to be permantently connected, and this is seriously getting on my tits.

Hope we get another carrier before iPhone 4, because i'll be first to switch.

:mad:

2. whitebook macrumors regular

yeh i have the original iphone and i havent been able to get edge on mine for like 2 weeks, thought it was just my phone by obviously not..... i usually get edge all the time in belfast but now nothing, thanks o2!!!!!!!!

3. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Have you spoken with O2? Service has been down for me the one time and I simply asked them what the problem was, when would it be fixed and that was that. It isn't a big deal as you're making out, things break, chill out.

Regarding your lack of coverage, speak to O2 about it as it does sound strange considering you're in Manchester.

4. redrog thread starter macrumors 6502

redrog

Thanks for that. I feel so much better now. Have you thought of going into international relations? You obviously have a talent.

5. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I have to agree. O2's service/coverage is pretty dire. I don't even bother having 3G enabled as it just renders the phone almost useless - calls going straight to voicemail, failed calls, terrible battery life as it's constantly switching between 3G and Edge/GPRS, and unresponsive internet browsing.

6. Mercer macrumors member

Mercer

To OP

Im the same. i live in widnes and work in liverpool, i havent had 3G signal for 5 days now. had a goodwill gesture put on my o2 account but nothing has fixed the issue as of yet. annoyed isnt the word!:apple:

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

There are no networks that have 100% coverage everywhere.

It's always a good idea to check on coverage before signing up with a particular network.

8. Jonobigblind macrumors member

I think they're trying to make the point about the service being sporadic. The 3G coverage has been patchy recently in places where it used to be fine.

I've had issues here in the West Country but it has been limited to single days (albeit a few in the last month).

I thought that other providers are to come into play at some point in October so hopefully O2 will end this bout of complacency and step up their game with the customer service angle.

9. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I thought about it actually but at some point I would get tired of people constantly moaning and I'd tell them to stop crying and throwing their rattle out of the pram.

Like I said, chill out. If you were really annoyed you would buy out your contract otherwise what else are you going to do? Deal with it? Thought so.

10. matttye macrumors 601

In the last 3 months there's only been about one time when I haven't been able to get a 3.5G signal here in the midlands and I ALWAYS get one in London when I go down there!

11. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3g hasn't been out nationally. I'm on the London boarder and have had 5 bar 3g signal without any issues for ages.