Comment if you love the iP5 but can't count issues on one hand

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PAC88, Sep 29, 2012.

1. PAC88 macrumors 6502

We have..
    1. faulty anodizing.. should have used Teflon coating
    2. noise cancellation causing vertigo
    3. unstable wifi
    4. battery life not to spec (varies from carrier)
    5. ridiculously high data usage
    6. gorilla glass acting like a chimpanzee
    7. black bars on most apps making tall screen worthless.
    8. obvious quality control problems at Apple
    9. no dock
    10. Apple Beta Maps
    11. I'm missing something

This is a professional device.. at least that's what we all thought. I still love it but these are real problems that we pay a premium for.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. PAC88 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I'm not.. I've owned countless Apple products starting with a 14" iBook, 2007 Macbook Pro, 17" MBP, 1st gen iPad, High Res 15" MBP, 13" Macbook Air, a number of ipods and would like to own an iphone.

edit: and that's just me, my family could add on to that list..

Apple is clearly going for profits over what's best for the product.. this is sad

4. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

These are profoundly exaggerated, and some make zero sense. Upset that all developers haven't update their apps? lol, get over yourself. The iPhone 5 is the best phone I've ever used.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you look at my post I removed that part as it was unnecessarily snarky. I apologize.

6. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

You don't even own it yet? Jesus christ, that explains a lot. You're listening to the very few very vocal complainers here that do not represent the majority of iPhone owners who are largely satisfied.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Getting upset about the black bars is like getting upset about the retina display one week after the iPhone 4's release because all the apps weren't updated.

8. PAC88 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a 64gb black on order but haven't received it yet.. I don't believe the issues are exaggerated.. seems to be widespread

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Not here. Mine is perfect.

10. Kung macrumors member

Mine arrived to the sound of Handel's Messiah, ringed with glorious, non-purple-tinged lights, and was activated by the hand of God Himself.

11. PAC88 thread starter macrumors 6502

All I'm saying is that the quality Apple has delivered to us in the past seems to be on a quick decline..

Maybe they should wake up from their "most valuable stock in the world" induced haze

12. Aimetti macrumors newbie

I'll respond with little bias as possible considering I've owned many iPhones and android phones and have what I believe very good experience. ( presently own i5 and sgs3 )

1. faulty anodizing.. should have used Teflon coating

(All phones scratch)

2. noise cancellation causing vertigo

(No clue on this one. Lol have made plenty of calls. Is this for real?)

3. unstable wifi

(Wifi has been perfectly fine for me as far as speed and range. Although sgs3 may get a tad more range)

4. battery life not to spec (varies from carrier)

(User error. I am getting phenomanal battery life. I'm talking 10 hrs usage + and 30 hrs standby. Sorry none of my past android phones or iPhones for that matter can touch it)

5. ridiculously high data usage

(Using it more? Lte? I've used 1.1 gb in a week partly cause I've used it more than normal. However not completely off compared to all other phones.

6. gorilla glass acting like a chimpanzee

(Gorilla glass is gorilla glass. Same thing was said about prior iPhones. My old one x. My gs3. Guess what, even though I baby my phones they always would get very fine scratches. I5 is as good as others.

7. black bars on most apps making tall screen worthless.

(Really dude? It's been a week. Patience?)

8. obvious quality control problems at Apple

( see post #1)

9. no dock

( ill give you this one. Mostly the lack of cables pisses me off )

10. Apple Beta Maps

(Turn by turn works great for me however searching locations kind of sucks. Work in progress of course but they shoulda never just got rid of g maps this quick)

11. I'm missing something

(Probably)

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

You think that's experienced? I go back to 1989's Mac SE.

... I bought it last year as my first mac ... ;)

14. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Mine black 64G is flawless. My key apps have already been updated. Finish is super. Screen is perfect. Really like the new connector--much easier to insert. (OK, wish the headphone jack was still on the top)

15. PAC88 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for a little credit.. I agree about maps by the way since it's obviously a work in progress.

16. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Smh. Why don't you wait until you get yours. Yes the non iPhone 5 apps are a little bit of a drag. That'll change though.

My i5 is flawless, both hardware and software.

17. vastoholic, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

You honestly really shouldn't judge until you have the phone in hand. Which is exactly what myself and a lot of others did during the leaks. Listening to the complaints on here is terrible idea when judging a product.

*edited for stupid typo*

18. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Maybe. A more resilient coating will always be good, however so far I have zero scratches on my black iPhone 5. I haven't put it in a case or given it special case, although I've been sure not to put it in the pocket with my keys. So far the scratching isn't an issue and I've been setting it down on hard surfaces without hesitation. If I was planning on gouging it with a knife, maybe scratching would be a concern. What's most important to me is that it's near indestructible otherwise. You can drop it from shoulder height screen first onto concrete and it wont break. That's pretty damn good.

Verigo? Maybe you have a medical condition or something. I notice the noise cancellation but I thought it was great. It sounds almost like one of those Bose noise canceling headsets when you press it up to your ear.

Works for me, no complaints here. I've been using it at home with an Apple Airport Extreme (WPA2) and at work with a Cisco (802.11x) router.

No complaints here. I'm on Verizon and have a pretty strong signal wherever I go in Houston.

That's a user issue not a device issue.

!!!???

Most of the apps I use most often have been updated. For some reason Apple hasn't approved any updates since Friday and only a few on Friday. Maybe the reviewers are getting a long weekend for all the work they put in ahead of launch? I'm waiting for my own app to be approved... any day now.

Not evident here.

True but who wants an overpriced Apple dock anyways? Wait for the 3rd party docks, they'll be like 1/4 of the price.

Maybe it's not perfect but in a big american city (Houston) it's fine 95% of the time. I've submitted corrections the 5% of the time it got something wrong. I wonder how long it will take for Apple to look into those corrections? The super fast processor makes the Google web maps app perform almost as well as a native app and it works as a backup for now.

Nope.

19. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

That's sort of their MO.

Don't get me wrong. I think it works for certain products (love their macs, for example), but not for others (iPhone, and maybe soon the iPad.)

20. dmelgar macrumors 68000

No problems here. Lots that you mention is made up or known, as in not an issue.

Sounds like an echo chamber. Herd mentality. Hear some folks complaining you have to make up a new list of imagined "issues" and create yet another thread.

21. darster Suspended

How can a person be critical of a product they don't own? Really, really? Own it first, then comment on the quality or if you have issues. No credibility when someone criticizes a product that they have not even tried for one hour. It's one thing to read product reviews and decide whether to buy or not, but completely ridiculous to create a thread making these claims with zero ownership.

22. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

"very few very vocal complainers".....I guess the tech blogs and news reports don't mean anything either?

23. KittyToy, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012

KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

Some of u need counseling not posting nonsense on macrumors. If you don't like ya phone get a refund

24. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

You got 1 out of 11 I agree with.

25. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

You still have zero comprehension of percentages.